The paper presents design and realization of computer decision support system in collisionsituations of passage with greater quantity of met objects. The system was implementedinto the real ship electro-navigational system onboard research and training ship m/vHORYZONT II. The radar system with Automatic Radar Plotting Aid constitutes a sourceof input data for algorithm determining safe trajectory of a ship. The article introducesradar data transmission details. The dynamic programming algorithm is used for thedetermination of safe optimal trajectory of own ship. The system enables navigationaldata transmission from radar system and automatic determining of safe manoeuvre or safetrajectory of a ship. Further development of navigator’s decision support system is also presented. PathPlanning Subsystem is proposed for the determination of global optimal route between harbours with theuse of Ant Colony Optimization algorithms.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Wołejsza P. Szewczuk T.: Analysis of navigational dataavailability on the basis of m/s Nawigator XXI. Scientific Journals Maritime University of Szczecin. No. 13(85) 2008 p.115-119.
2. Bole A. Dineley B: Radar and ARPA manual. Butterworth- Heinemann Ltd Oxford 2000.
3. Rothblum A.M. Wheal D. Withington S. Shappell S.A. Wiegmann D.A. Boehm W. Chaderjian M.: Key to successfulincident inquiry. In: Proceedings 2nd international workshop on human factors in offshore operations HFW2002 Houston TX p.1-6.
4. Cockcroft A.N. Lameijer J.N.F.: a guide to collision avoidancerules. Elsevier Amsterdam-Tokyo 2004.
5. Lisowski J.: Computational intelligence methods in the safe shipcontrol process. Polish Maritime Research. No. 1Vol. 8 2001 p. 18-24.
6. IEC 61162-1 International Standard: Maritime navigationand radio communication equipment and systems - Digitalinterfaces - Part 1: Single talker and multiple listeners.
7. Documents for Operators and Engineers: Operating InstructionsRADARPILOT 1100 Service Manual IEC-Interface. SAM Electronics 2005.
8. Daniluk A.: RS 232C - practical programming. From Pascaland C++ to Delphi and Builder Helion Warszawa 2007 (in Polish).
9. Lisowski J.: Optimal and game ship control algorithmsfor avoiding collisions at sea. In C.A. Brebbia (Ed) Risk Analysis VI: Simulation and Hazard Mitigation WIT Press Computational Mechanics Inc. Southampton-Boston 2008 p. 525-534.
10. Lisowski J.: Sensitivity of Safe Game Ship Control. 16th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation Congress Centre Ajaccio France 2008 p.220-225.
11. Lisowski J.: The Dynamic Game Models of Safe Navigation. TransNav - International Journal of Marine Navigation and Safety of Sea Transportation Vol.1 No.1 2007 p. 11-18.
12. Lisowski J.: The dynamic game theory methods applied toship control with minimum risk of collision. In C.A. Brebbia and V.Popov (Ed) Risk Analysis V: Simulation and Hazard Mitigation WIT Press Computational Mechanics Inc. Southampton-Boston 2006 p. 293-302.
13. Lisowski J.: Multi-step matrix game with the risk of shipcollision. In C.A. Brebbia (Ed) Risk Analysis IV: Simulation and Hazard Mitigation WIT Press Computational Mechanics Inc. Southampton-Boston 2004 p. 669-680.
14. Pietrzykowski Z. Uriasz J..: Knowledge Representation ina Ship’s Navigational Decision Support System. TransNav - International Journal of Marine Navigation and Safety of Sea Transportation Vol.4 No.3 2010 p. 265-270.
15. Zhuo Y. Hearn G.E.: a ship based intelligent anti-collisiondecision-making support system utilizing trial manoeuvers. Proceedings of 2008 Chinese control and decision conference CCDC 2008 Yantai China p. 3982-3987.
16. Perera L.P. Carvalho J.P. Guedes Soares C.: Fuzzy logicbased decision making system for collision avoidance of oceannavigation under critical collision conditions. Journal of Marine Science and Technology Vol. 16 No. 1 2011 p.84-99.
17. Lee S.-M. Kwon K.-Y. Joh J.: a Fuzzy Logic for AutonomousNavigation of Marine Vehicles Satisfying COLREG Guidelines. International Journal of Control Automation and Systems Vol. 2 No. 2 2004 p.171-181.
18. Hwang C.-N. Joe-Ming Yang J.-M. Chiang C.-Y.: The designof fuzzy collision-avoidance expert system implemented by H∞-autopilot. Journal of Marine Science and Technology Vol. 9 No. 1 2001 p. 25-37.
19. Śmierzchalski R. Michalewicz Z.: Modeling of ship trajectoryin collision situations by an evolutionary algorithm. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation Vol. 4 No. 3 2000 p.227-241.
20. Cheng X.D. Liu Z.Y. Zhang X.T.: Trajectory optimizationfor ship collision avoidance system using genetic algorithm. Proceedings OCEANS 2006 - Asia Pacific Singapore p. 1-5.
21. Lisowski J.: Optimization decision support system for safe shipcontrol. In C.A. Brebbia (Ed) Risk Analysis VII: Simulation and Hazard Mitigation WIT Press Computational Mechanics Inc. Southampton-Boston 2010 p. 259-272.
22. Lisowski J.: Multistage ship’s optimal control in collisionsituations using a neural network. II International Conference Safe Navigation Beyond 2000 p.109-119.
23. Lisowski J. Pachciarek A.: Navigational data transmissionin computer navigator’s decision support system in collisionsituation. Telecommunication review No. 1 2009 p. 33-35 (in Polish).
24. Pachciarek A.: Project of navigator’s decision support systemwith the use of algorithms determining safe trajectory of a ship. MSc thesis Gdynia Maritime University 2008 (in Polish).
25. Tran T. Harris C.J. Wilson P.A.: Maritime AvoidanceNavigation Totally Integrated system (MANTIS). 12th SCSS 1999 - 12th Ship Control Systems Symposium The Hague The Netherlands Royal Dutch Navy.
26. Blum C.: Ant colony optimization: Introduction and recenttrends. Physics of life Reviews No. 2(4) p.353-373 2005.
27. Dorigo M. Stutzle T.: The Ant Colony OptimizationMetaheuristic: Algorithms Applications and Advances. Handbook of Metaheuristics 2002.
28. Dorigo M. Di Caro G. Gambardella L.M.: Ant Algorithms forDiscrete Optimization.Artificial Life No. 5(2) p.137-172 1999.
29. Szłapczyńska J.: Application of evolutionary algorithms andrank-based methods for path planning of a vessel with hybridpropulsion. Doctoral thesis West Pomeranian University of Technology Szczecin 2009 (in Polish).
30. Wiśniewski B.: Ship Ocean Route Programming. Scientific Journals Maritime University of Szczecin. No. 2(74) 2004 p.395-406.