The present paper is a theoretical study aiming for to assess the influence of the different factors such as deviation from the spherical form of a particle, specific mass load of the pneumatic conveying pipe and the report between the particle diameter and the pipe diameter, over the floating speed of a particle. For a non-spherical particle, the Magnus force is affecting the floating speed of the given particle by increasing or decreasing it. The equation deducted within the present study, describes the movement of a particle or a fluid swirl under the resultant force with emphasis on the evaluation of the nature and magnitude of the Magnus force. The same Magnus Force explains the movement of the swirls in fluids, as for the wind swirls (hurricane) or water swirls. The next part of the study relate the report between the particle diameter and the pipe diameter as well as the specific loads of the pipe, to the same floating speed. A differentiation in denominating the floating speed is proposed as well as that for the non-spherical particle the floating speed should be a domain, rather than a single value.
5. Bulat, A. (1962). Instalatii de Transport Pneumatic. Bucuresti: Editura Tehnica
6. Klinzing G. E., Rizk F., Marcus R. & Leung L.S. (2010). Pneumatic Conveying of Solids – A Theoretical and Practical Approach, third edition. London, England: Springer Dordrecht Heidelberg London.
7. Tanase, T (2012). Cercetari Privind Eficientizarea Transportului Pneumatic in Industria Moraritului. Sibiu: Universitatea “Lucian Blaga” (MECTS, 6149/07.11.2012), PhD thesis
8. Tănase, T. (2012). Defining of the limit condition for the in-vacuum dilute phase pneumatic conveying systems – Clogging Constant. Acta Universitatis Cibiniensis, series E: Food Technology, Vol. XVI, no. 2, ISSN 1221-4973, 33-42
9. Eck, B. (2003). Ventilatoren. Entwurf un Betrieb der Radial-, Axial- und Querstromventilatoren. Berlin: Verlag Springer
10. Tănase, T. (2014). Regime mixing ratio for the in-vacuum dilute phase pneumatic conveying systems. Acta Universitatis Cibiniensis, series E: Food Technology, Vol. XVIII, no. 1, ISSN 1221-4973, 33-46, Universitatea “Lucian Blaga”, Sibiu, 2014
11. Gross, Herbert (2012). Part I: Vector Arithmetic | MIT Calculus Revisited: Multivariable Calculus, Published on Mar 12, 2012, Retrieved August 2015, http://ocw.mit.edu/RES18-007F11
12. Florescu, I. (2007). Mecanica Fluidelor. Note de curs pentru uzul studentilor. Bacau: Editura Alma Mater
13. Nedeff V., Mosnegutu E., Panainte M., Ristea M., Lazar G., Scurtu D., Ciobanu B., Timofte A., Toma S., Agop M., (2012). Dynamics in the boundary layer of a flat particle. Powder Technology, Volume 221 (2012), 312-317
14. Gavrila, L. (2000). Fenomene de transfer. Vol 1. Transfer de impuls. Bacau: Editura Alma Mater