In this paper, in order to increase the scalability and fault-tolerance of routing solutions the hierarchical method of inter-area fast rerouting in communication networks was presented. The method is based on the decomposed representation of the flow-based routing model with the introduction of the area interaction conditions to ensure connectivity of the inter-area routes. The model includes conditions for border routers protection, adapted for both single path and multipath routing. During the research it was established that the efficiency of the proposed method in terms of the speed of the coordinating procedure convergence was most influenced by the number of border routers and the implemented routing strategy.
2. Le Roux, J. L., Vasseur, J. P., and Boyle, J. (2005) Requirements for inter-area MPLS traffic engineering (No. RFC 4105).
3. Lemeshko, O., Nevzorova, O., and Hailan, A. (2014) The increasing convergence of coordination procedure in the implementation of multipath hierarchical routing. In: 2014 First International Scientific-Practical Conference Problems of Infocommunications Science and Technology, Kharkiv, Ukraine, October 14-17, 2014, pp.45-48. DOI: 10.1109/INFOCOMMST.2014.6992294.
4. Lemeshko, O., Nevzorova, O., and Vavenko T. (2016a) Hierarchical coordination method of interarea routing in telecommunication network. In: 2016 International Conference Radio Electronics & Info Communications (UkrMiCo), IEEE, Kyiv, Ukraine, September 11-16, 2016, pp. 1-4. DOI: 10.1109/UkrMiCo.2016.7739626.
5. Lemeshko, O. V., Yeremenko, O. S., Tariki, N., and Hailan, A. M. (2016b) Fault-tolerance improvement for core and edge of IP network. In: 2016 XIth International Scientific and Technical Conference “Computer Sciences and Information Technologies (CSIT), IEEE, Lviv, Ukraine, September 6-10, 2016, pp. 161-164. DOI: 10.1109/STC-CSIT.2016.7589895.
6. Mesarovic, M. D., Macko, D., and Takahara, Y. (2000) Theory of hierarchical, multilevel, systems (Vol. 68). Elsevier.
7. Rak, J. (2015) Resilient routing in communication networks. Switzerland: Springer. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-22333-9.
8. Singh, M. G., and Titli, A. (1978) Systems: decomposition, optimisation, and control. Pergamon.
9. Tiso, J., and Teare, D. (2011) Designing Cisco Network Service Architectures (ARCH): Foundation Learning Guide. Cisco press.
10. Wójcik, R., Domżał, J., Duliński, Z., Rzym, G., Kamisiński, A., Gawłowicz, P., Jurkiewicz, P., Rząsa, J., Stankiewicz, R. and Wajda, K. (2016) A survey on methods to provide interarea multipath transmissions. Computer Networks, 108, pp. 233-259. DOI: 10.1016/j.comnet.2016.08.028.
11. Wright, B. (2003) Inter-area routing, path selection and traffic engineering. White paper, Data Connection Limited.
12. Yeremenko, O., Tariki, N., & Hailan, A. M. (2016) Fault-tolerant IP routing flow-based model. In: 2016 13th International Conference on Modern Problems of Radio Engineering, Telecommunications and Computer Science (TCSET), IEEE, Lviv-Slavsko, Ukraine, February 23-26, 2016, pp. 655-657. DOI: 10.1109/TCSET.2016.7452143.