In this work we consider a specific problem of optimal planning of maritime transportation of multiproduct cargo by ships of one (corporate strategy) or several (partially corporate strategy) companies: the core of the problem consists of the existence of the network of intermediate seaports (i.e. transitional seaports), where for every ship arrived the cargo handling is done, and which are situated between the starting and the finishing seaports. In this work, there are mathematical models built from scratch in the form of multicriteria optimization problem; then the goal attainment method of Gembicki is used for reducing the built models to a one-criterion problem of linear programming.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Coello Coello, C.A., and Lamont, G.B. (2004) Applications of Multi-Objective Evolutionary Algorithms. Vol. 1: Advances in Natural Computation. New Jersey-London-Singapore-Berlin-Shanghai-Hong Kong-Taipei-Chennai: World Scientific, xxvii+761 p.
2. Courant, R. (1989) Partial Differential Equations. New York-London: Wiley VCH, xxii+830 p.
3. Davenport, H. (2008) The Higher Arithmetic: An Introduction to the Theory of Numbers. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, ix+239.
4. Deb, K. (2001) Multi-objective Optimization Using Evolutionary Algorithms. Chichester-New York-Weinheim-Brisbane-Singapore-Toronto: John Wiley & Sons, xix+497 p.
5. Gembicki, F.W. (1973) Vector Optimization for Control with Performance and Parameter Sensitivity Indices. Ph.D. Thesis, Department of System Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, USA, 204 p.
6. Gembicki, F.W., and Haimes, Y.Y. (1975) Approach to Performance and Sensitivity Multiobjective Optimization: The Goal Attainment Method. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 29(6), pp. 769-771.
7. Goncharsky, A.V., Leonov, A.S., and Yagola, A.G. (1973) A generalized residual principle. Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, 13(2), pp. 294-302.
8. Kang, M.H., Choi, H.R., Kim, H.S., and Park, B.J. (2012) Development of a maritime transportation planning support system for car carriers based on genetic algorithm. Applied Intelligence, 36(3), pp. 585-604.
9. Liotta, G., Stecca, G., and Kaihara, T. (2015) Optimisation of freight flows and sourcing in sustainable production and transportation networks. International Journal of Production Economics, 164, pp. 351-365.
10. Masane-Ose, J. (2014) Competitive position of the Baltic States Ports. Riga, Latvia: KPMG International Cooperative. (Transport & Logistics, pp. 1-12; https://www.kpmg.lv)
11. Medvedeva, A.A. (2014) Opportunities to reduce aggregate expenditures by means of creating a strategic alliance by maritime cargo transportation. M.Sc. Thesis in Transport and Logistics. Riga, Latvia: Transport and Telecommunication Institute, Faculty of Transport and Logistics, 62 p.
12. Nikolaeva, L.L., and Tsymbal, N.N. (2005) Maritime Transportation. Odessa, Ukraine: FENIX Press, 424 p.
13. Song, D.-W., and Panayides, Ph.M. (2012) Maritime Logistics: A Complete Guide to Effective Shipping and Port Management. London-Philadelphia-New Delhi: Kogan Page, 344 p.
14. Steuer, R.E. (1986) Multiple Criteria Optimization: Theory, Computation, and Application. New York, USA: John Wiley & Sons, xx+546 p.
15. Swiss Re Economic Research & Consulting. (2001-2015) World Insurance Reports No 6/2001; No 6/2002; No 8/2003; No 3/2004; No 2/2005; No 5/2006; No 4/2007; No 3/2008; No 3/2009; No 2/2010; No 2/2011; No 3/2012; No 3/2013; No 3/2014; No 4/2015. Zurich, Switzerland: Swiss Re, sigma. http://www.swissre.com/sigma/
16. Tikhonov, A.N. (1966) Ill-posed optimal planning problems. Journal of Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, 6(1), pp. 81-89.
17. Tikhonov, A.N., Karmanov, V.G., and Rudneva, T.L. (1969) On the stability of linear programming problems. In: Numerical Methods and Programming, XII. Moscow: Lomonosov Moscow State University Press, pp. 3-9.
18. Tikhonov, A.N., and Arsenin, V.Y. (1977) Solutions of Ill-Posed Problems. New York, USA: Halsted Press, xiii+258 p.
19. Tuy, H., Chinchuluun, A., Pardalos, P.M., Migdalas, A., and Pitsoulis, L. (2008) Pareto Optimality, Game Theory and Equilibria. New York: Springer, 871 p.
20. Wakeman, Th., and Bomba, M. (2010) Maritime Freight Transportation, National Economic Recovery, and Global Sustainability: Coordinating a Strategic Plan. Transportation Research Board of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, Medicine. TR News: Globalization and Transportation, 269, pp. 14-20.
21. Weil, A. (2013) Basic Number Theory. Berlin-Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag, xviii+316 p.