The paper considers some issues related to different approaches to estimation of transport and logistic(s) operations in supply networks; analysis is made of the methods and models of analytical description of those operations; it is shown that the works under consideration have no single approach to their accounting, which makes it impossible to form a model of a simple logistic network including such basic operations as transportation and storage; based on the classical model of Harris-Wilson, six versions have been obtained for a simple supply network showing, in particular, value added to the product price stemming from the previously performed logistic operations as well as restrictions associated with the load capacity (cargo capacity) of the vehicle. The choice of an optimum version of the supply network is made based on the criterion of minimum total costs; there are supplied the examples of calculations for different versions of the developed models enabling estimation of the influence of transport and logistic operations on the efficiency of the supply network.
4. Goel, A. (2012) The minimum duration truck driver scheduling problem. EURO Journal of Transportation and Logistics, 1(4), 285–306.
5. Jonsson, P. (2008) Logistics and Supply Chain Management. London et al: McGraw-Hill, p.491.
6. Langevin, A., Riopel, D. (2005) Logistics Systems: Design and Optimization. Springer Science + Business Media, p.387.
7. Laporte, G., Toth, P., Vigo, D. (2012) Vehicle routing: historical perspective and recent contribution. EURO Journal of Transportation and Logistics, 2(1-2), 1–4.
8. Lukinskiy, V.S. (2007) Models and methods of the logistics. St. Petersburg: Piter, p.448.
9. Proceedings of the 24th annual Nordic logistics research network conference (2012)
10. Stadier, H., Kilger, C. (2008) Supply Chain Management and Advanced Planning: Concept, Models, Software and Case Studies. Springer: Fourth Edition, p.556.
11. Stenger, A., Schneider, M., Goeke, D. (2012) The prize-collecting vehicle routing problem with single and multiple depots and non-linear cost. EURO Journal of Transportation and Logistics, 1(1-2), 57–87.
12. Wong, C.W.Y., Lai, K.-H., Venus Lun, Y.H., Cheng, T.C.E. (2011) A study on the antecedents of supplier commitment in support of logistics operations. International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics, 3(3), 5–21.