The increase of the supply chains efficiency requires optimization of all types of logistic operations and functions. One of such functions is the choice of intermediaries (carriers, freight forwarders, suppliers, service enterprises etc.) and, according to some specialists, it is a major strategic decision in management supply chains. The methods of choosing the logistic intermediaries are considered in many works, however, some questions remain debatable. The article discusses the analytical and expert approaches which serve as a basis to choose the intermediaries; along with it, in the article a comparative evaluation of choice expert methods is done: point-rating assessment, analytic hierarchy process and the general algorithm for selecting; the conclusions have been drawn about the applicability of each method.
1. Bowersox, D.J. and Closs, D.J. (1996) Logistical Management. The Integrated Supply Chain Process. New York: McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
2. Brodetskiy, G. and Terentiev, P. (2005) Application of an analytical heirarchy method for optimization of a local distribution centre disposition. Logistics and supply chain management. 1(6), 26-34. (In Russian)
3. Fishburn, P.С. (1972) Utility theory for decision making. New York: Wiley.
4. Guy, V. and Malakhov, D. (2011) Choosing a site for an off-dock terminal in the St. Petersburg transport hub using analytic hierarchy process. Logistics and supply chain management. 1(42), 55-59. (In Russian)
5. Kabashkin, I. and Lučina, J. (2015) Development of the model of decision support for alternative choice in the transportation transit system. Transport and Telecommunication, 16 (1), 61-72. DOI: 10.1515/ttj-2015-0007.
6. Kopytov, E., Abramov, D. (2013) Multiple-creteria choice of transportation alternatives in freight transport system for different types of cargo. In: Proceedings of the 13th international conference: Reliability and statistics in transportation and communication (RelStat’13). October 16–19, Riga, Latvia, pp. 180–187.
7. Kopytov, E., Urbach, A., Labendik, V. (2013) Comparative multi-criteria assessment of nano-coating technologies. In: Proceedings of the 13th international conference: Reliability and statistics in transportation and communication (RelStat’13). October 16–19, Riga, Latvia, pp. 207–216.
8. Lukinskiy, V.V. and Katkova H. (2014) Analysis of methods for choice of logistics intermediaries. Logistics and supply chain management. 2(61), 49-56. (In Russian)
9. Lukinskiy, V.S., Lukinskiy, V.V., Malevich, J. Plastuniak, I., Pletneva, N. (2012) Models and methods of the logistics theory. St.Petersburg: SPbSUEE.
10. Madera, A.G. (2010) Modelling and decision-making in management. Moscow: LKI. (In Russian)