The purpose of this paper was to present a reliability comparison of two types of city transport buses. Case study on the example of the well-known brands of city buses: Solaris Urbino 12 and Mercedes-Benz 628 Conecto L used at Municipal Transport Company in Lublin was presented in details. A reliability index for the most failure parts and complex systems for the period of time failures was determined. The analysis covered damages of the following systems: engine, electrical system, pneumatic system, brake system, driving system, central heating and air-conditioning and doors. Reliability was analyzed based on Weibull model. It has been demonstrated, that during the operation significant reliability differences occur between the buses produced nowadays.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Aksezer, C. S. (2011) Failure analysis and warranty modelling of used cars. Engineering Failure Analysis, 18, 1520–1526. DOI: 10.1016/j.engfailanal.2011.05.009
2. Attardi, L., Guida, M., Pulcini, G. (2005) A mixed-Weibull regression model for the analysis of automotive warranty data. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 87, 265–273. DOI: 10.1016/j.ress.2004.05.003
3. Bocchetti, D., Giorgio M., Guida M., Pulcini G. (2009) A competing risk model for the reliability of cylinder liners in marine Diesel engines. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 94, 1299–1307. DOI: 10.1016/j.ress.2009.01.010
4. Chukova, S, Arnold, R, Wang, DQ. (2004) Warranty analysis: an approach to modelling imperfect repairs. International Journal of Production Economy, 89(1), 57–68. DOI: 10.1016/S0925-5273(03)00200-7
5. Gołąbek, A. (1993) Niezawodność autobusów. Wrocław: Wydawnictwo Politechniki Wrocławskiej
6. Gong, Z. (2006) Estimation of mixed Weibull distribution parameters using the SCEM-UA algorithm: Application and comparison with MLE in automotive reliability analysis. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 91, 915–922. DOI: 10.1016/j.ress.2005.09.007
7. Grabski, F., Jaźwiński, J. (2009) Funkcje o losowych argumentach w zagadnieniach niezawodności, bezpieczeństwa i logistyki. Warszawa: WKiŁ
8. Grądzki, R., Lindstedt, P. (2015) Method of assessment of technical object aptitude in environment of exploitation and service conditions. Eksploatacja i Niezawodnosc – Maintenance and Reliability, vol. 17, no. 1, 54-63. DOI: dx.doi.org/10.17531/ein
9. Kaplan, E.L., Meier, P. (1958) Nonparametric estimation from incomplete observations. Journal of American Statistical Assocation, 53, 457-481. DOI: 10.1080/01621459.1958.10501452
10. Kleynera, A., Sandborn, P. (2005) A warranty forecasting model based on piecewise statistical distributions and stochastic simulation. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 88, 207–214. DOI: 10.1016/j.ress.2004.07.016
11. Majeske, K. D. (2007) A non-homogeneous Poisson process predictive model for automobile warranty claims. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 92, 243–251. DOI: 10.1016/j.ress.2005.12.004
12. Matuszak, Z. (2010) Estimation of the availability of the power-propulsion and technological system of a fishing vessel at selected operational model. Eksploatacja i Niezawodnosc – Maintenance and Reliability, vol. 45, no. 1, 49-58. DOI: dx.doi.org/10.17531/ein
13. Murthy, D.N.P., Djamaludin, I. (2002) New product warranty: A literature review. International Journal of Production Economics, 79, 231–260. DOI: 10.1016/S0925-5273(02)00153-6
14. Naikan, VNA, Kapur, S. (2006) Reliability modelling and analysis of automobile engine oil. Journal of Automobile Engineering, 220(2), 187–94. DOI: 10.1243/095440706X72637
15. Pecht, M. (2006) Establishing a relationship between warranty and reliability. Electronics Packaging Manufacturing, IEEE Transactions, 29(3), 184–90. DOI: 10.1109/TEPM.2006.881765
16. Rymarz, J., Niewczas, A., Pieniak, D. (2013) Reliability analysis of the selected brands of city buses at municipal transport company, Journal of KONBiN 2(26), 111-122. DOI: 10.2478/jok-2013-0087.
17. Shafiee, M., Chukova, S. (2013) Maintenance models in warranty: A literature review. European Journal of Operational Research, 229, 561–572. DOI: 10.1016/j.ejor.2013.01.017
18. Vališ, D., Žák, L., Pokora, O. (2015) Contribution to system failure occurrence prediction and to system remaining useful life estimation based on oil field data. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part O: Journal of Risk and Reliability, vol. 229, no. 1, 36-45. DOI: 10.1177/1748006X14547789