This contribution deals with the issue of car braking, particularly with the one of M1 category. Braking deceleration measurement of the vehicle Mazda 3 MPS was carried out by the declerograph XL MeterTM Pro. The main aim of the contribution is to perform comparison of the process of braking deceleration between the decelograph and the new alternative method of video analysis and to subsequently examine these processes. The test took place at the Rosina airfield, the airstrip in a small village nearby the town of Žilina. The last part of this paper presents the results, evlauation and comparison of the measurements carried out.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Hockicko, P., Ondruš, J. (2012) Analysis of vehicle stopping distances. In: New trends in physics: NTF 2012: proceedings of the conference, October 11-12, 2012, Brno, Czech Republic. - Brno: University of Technology, 2012, pp. 214-217, ISBN 978-80-214-4594-9.
2. Hockicko, P., Trpišová, B. (2013) Are students’ conceptions about automobile braking distances correct? In: Engineering Education Fast Forward 1973 - 2013: proceedings of the 41st SEFI annual conference, 16-20 September 2013, Leuven, Belgium. - Brussels: SEFI, ISBN 978-2-87352-004-5.
3. Kolla, E., Kohút, P., Kubjatko, T. (2014) Analysis of pedestrain body movement in pedestrian - MPV collision. In: Automotive safety 2014: problemy bezpeczeństwa w pojazdoch samochodowych. IX international science-technical conference: Rajecké Teplice - Slovakia, 8-10 April 2014. Kielce: Wydawnictwo Politechniki Świętokrzyskiej, pp. 198-208. ISBN 978-83-63792-21-3.
4. Rievaj, V., Vrábel, J., Hudák, A. (2013) Tire inflation pressure influence on a vehicle stopping distances, In: International Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering. Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 9-13. ISSN 2325-0062.
5. Šarkan, B. (2013) Diagnostics of road vehicles: instructions for exercises (in Slovak). Zilina: University of Zilina, EDIS, 106 pp, ISBN 978-80-554-0799-9.