The decision support system is one of the instruments for choosing the most effective decision for cargo owner in constant fluctuated business environment. The objective of this Paper is to suggest the multiple-criteria approach for evaluation and choice the alternatives of cargo transportation in the large scale transportation transit system for the decision makers - cargo owners. The large scale transportation transit system is presented by directed finite graph. Each of 57 alternatives is represented by the set of key performance indicators Kvi and set of parameters Paj. There has been developed a two-level hierarchy system of criteria with ranging expert evaluations based on Analytic Hierarchy Process Method. The best alternatives were suggested according to this method.
1. Kopytov, E., Abramov, D. (2010). Modelling of multimodal freight transportation system using process approach. In: Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Harbour Maritime Multimodal Logistics Modelling and Simulation, Rome, Italy, September 12-14, 2011, pp. 46-51.
2. Midoro, R., Musso, E. and Parola, F. (2005) Maritime liner shipping and the stevedoring industry: market structure and competition strategies. In: Maritime Policy and Management, 32(2), pp. 95-106.
3. Containerised Cargo Shipments: “China-Baltic States” Trade Line: Mikulko J. (2013). Journal: “Economics and Management”, ISSN: 1822-6515.
4. The World Bank (2013), Review of the ports sector of Latvia: Competitiveness and governance, October issue.
5. Alminas Maciulis, Aidas Vasilis Vasiliauskas, Grazvydas Jakubauskas (2009). The Impact of the Competitiveness of National Economy. “Transport”, 24(2), pp. 93-99.
6. Igor Kabashkin (2003). The Problems of Transport and Logistics in European Research Area. In: Proceedings of the International Conference “logistics and Transport in International Trade”, 3-4 December 2003, pp. 18-32.
7. McKinsey Global Institute (2012). Urban world: Cities and the rise of the consuming class. Report from June 2012.
8. Kumares C. Sinha, Samuel Labi (2007). Transportation Decision Making. Principles of Project Evaluation and Programming. John Wile & Sons, Inc.
9. Saaty, T. L. (2001). Decision Making for Leaders: The Analytic Hierarchy Process for Decisions in A Complex World. Pittsburgh, PA: RWS Publications.