The precarious temperature regime, associated with the negative influence of other environmental and biotic factors, represents a major risk for the survival of the thermal rudd from the lake Ochiul Mare, located in the Pârâul Peţea natural reserve. Therefore, a complex morphometric and body geometry analysis was conducted on specimens collected in 2013 in order to define the variability of the present population. The relatively small sample size is due to legislative restrictions on collecting endangered species, so statistical methods of analysis were applied to increase confidence in the assertions.
1. Bănărescu P., 1964 – Pisces – Osteichthyes, Fauna Republicii Populare Române, XIII, Edit. Academiei Republicii Populare România, București, 962. (in Romanian)
2. Bănărescu P., 2002 – Species and subspecies of fish fauna and lampreys endemic or almost endemic to the drainage area of the river, TISCIA monograph series, 6, 167-172.
3. Berinkey L., 1960 – On the systematical position of Scardinius racovitzai, Müller, 1958, Vertebrata Hungarica, II, 2, 143-152.
4. Bohlen J., Freyhof J. and Nolte A., 2008 – Sex ratio and body size in Cobitis elongatoides and Sabanejewia balcanica (Cypriniformes, Cobitidae) from a thermal spring, Folia Zoologica, 57, 1-2, 191-197.
5. Crăciun N., 1997 – Ethological researches on Scardinius racovitzai from the Thermal Lake 1 Mai (Oradea), Studii şi Cercetări, Seria Biologie, Universitatea Bacău, 2, 79-88.
6. Danciu V. M., 2007 – Aspecte cu privire la problematica legată de întreţinerea ecologică a rezervaţiei naturale „Pârâul Peţea”, Nymphaea, Oradea, XXXIV, 123-142. (in Romanian)
7. Danciu V. M., 2006 – Monitoring parameters related to the water in lake Ochiul Mare of the natural reservation Peţa Rivulet (Bihor County), Studii şi Comunicări, Bacău, 21, 536-543.
25. IUCN/SSC, 1995 – Guidelines For Re-Introductions, Prepared by the SSC Re-introduction Specialist Group Approved by the 41st Meeting of the IUCN Council, Gland Switzerland, http://www.iucnsscrsg.org/.
26. IUCN, 2002 – Technical Guidelines on the Management of Ex-situ populations for Conservation Approved at the 14th Meeting of the Programme Committee of Council, Gland Switzerland.