The present study presents, from the theoretical and pragmatic point of view, 6 of the established score models regarding the assessment of the insolvency risk, belonging to the Anglo-Saxon, Continental and Romanian schools. The research sample is made up of 26 companies belonging to the hotel industry and restaurants, listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange. The research was carried out over a period of 11 years (2007-2017). Following the application of the score models, it was found that during the period covered by the research, a number of 14 companies had a relatively high insolvency risk and 12 of them had a relatively low insolvency risk.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Altman E.I. (1993) Corporate financial distress and bankruptcy: a complete guide to predicting & avoiding distress and profiting from bankruptcy 2nd edition. USA NJ: John Wiley & Sons Inc.
2. Altman E.I. (1968) Financial ratios discriminant analysis and the prediction of corporate bankruptcy The Journal of Finance Volume 23 Issue 4 September 1968 https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1540-6261.1968.tb00843.x#;
3. Anghel I. (2002) Falimentul. Radiografie și predicție Ed. Economică Bucureşti.
4. Back P. (2001) Testing Liquidity Measures as Bankruptcy Prediction Variables The Finnish Journal of Business Economics Issue 3.
5. Balcaen S. Ooghe H. (2004) 35 Years of studies on Business Failure: An Overview of the Classic Statistical Methodologies and their Related Problems Vlerick Leuven Gent Working Paper Series 2004/15.
6. Balteș N. (2010) Analiză și diagnostic financiar Ed. Universității “Lucian Blaga” din Sibiu.
7. Băileșteanu Gh. (1998) Diagnostic risc si eficienta în afaceri Ed. Mirton Timișoara.
8. Brîndescu O.D. (2014) Metode de evaluare a riscului bazate pe rate financiare Ed. Mirton Timișoara.
9. Fulmer J.G. Jr. Moon J.E. Gavin T.A. Erwin M.J. (1984) A Bankruptcy Classification Model For Small Firms Journal of Commercial Bank Lending.
10. Gilbert L. Menon K. Schwartz K. (1990) Predicting Bankruptcy for firms in Financial Distress Journal of Finance and Accounting Vol 17(1).
11. Jordan B. Ross S. Westerfield R. (2008) Corporate finance fundamentals: International student edition 8th edition. USA NY: The McGraw-Hill Companies Inc.
12. Karels G.V Prakash A.J. (1987) Multivariate Normality and Forecasting of Business Bankruptcy Journal of Banking and Finance Vol 14(4).
13. Kubecová J. Vrchota J. (2014) The Taffler´s Model and Strategic Management The Macrotheme Review A multidisciplinary journal of global macro trends Vol.3 No.2.
14. Lam L.Y. (1994) Empirical Research in Financial Distress Prediction Chapter 3 Masters Thesis Department of Accountancy Victoria University of Wellington.
15. Mânecuta C. Nicolae M. (1996) Construirea si utilizarea functiei-scor pentru diagnosticarea eficientei agentilor economici Revista Finanţe Credit Contabilitate nr. 5/1996.
16. Petrescu S.M. Mihalciuc C.C. (2009) Models for the assessment of the entreprise bankrupty risk in crisis situations The Annals of The “Ştefan cel Mare” University of Suceava Fascicle of The Faculty of Economics and Public Administration Vol. 9 No. 2(10).
17. Petrișor M.B. Lupu D. (2013) The Forecast Of Bankruptcy Risk Using Altman Model Article provided by Stefan cel Mare University of Suceava Romania Faculty of Economics and Public Administration in its journal The USV Annals of Economics and Public Administration Volume 13 Issue 2.
18. Peyman I. Mehdi M.-J. Petro S. (2011) A Study of the Application of Springate and Zmijewski Bankruptcy Prediction Models in Firms Accepted in Tehran Stock Exchange Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences Vol. 5 No. 11.