This paper aims to analyse the accounting and fiscal regime of crowdfunding and the legal framework for such operations in Romania. Crowdfunding provides support to project developers by enabling them to access finance in a simple and inexpensive manner. Thus we refer to the following: current state of crowdfunding operations and existing legal background for conducting such operations in Romania as well as possible directions for its improvement. We will also highlight the accounting and fiscal issues encountered by both companies that hold online crowdfunding platforms and those benefiting from the sums collected through this financing method. This paper is based on case study research method. Considering the fact that in Romania the functioning of the crowdfunding platforms is not yet regulated, the information and views set out in this article are those of the authors.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Agrawal A. Catalini C Goldfarb A(2010) - The geography of crowdfunding SSRN Electronic Journal Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228234410_The_Geography_of_Crowdfunding; XXXXXAccessed 8.10.2016].
2. Artenie T (2014) Regimul fiscal al operațiunilor de crowd -funding Revista TaxMagazine nr.3 Noiembrie pp.2- 15.
3. Burtch Ghose A. Wattal S (2011) - An empirical examination of the antecedents and consequences of investement patterns in crowd-funded markets SSRN Electronic Journal Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/22821068_An_Empirical_Examination_of_the_Antecedents_and_Consequences_of_Investment_Patterns_in_Crowd-Funded_Markets; XXXXXAccessed 12.11.2016].
4. Cernușca L. David D. Nicolaescu C. Gomoi B.(2016) Empirical Study on the creative accounting Studia Universitatis Vasile Goldiș Arad Economics Series Vol 26 Issue 2/2016 pp.64.
5. Dietrich A. Amrein S. (2016) Crowdfunding Monitoring Switzerland Institute of Financial Services Zug IFZ Retrieved from www.hslu.ch/crowdfunding; XXXXXAccessed 9.10.2016].
6. Howe J. (2006) The Rise of Crowdsourcing. Wired Magazine.Issue 14.06 Retrieved from https://www.wired.com/2006/06/crowds/; XXXXXAccessed 23.11.2016].
7. Mihai L(2014) - Ghidul tău în educație financiară Retrieved from http://laurentiumihai.ro/crowdfunding-din-romania/; XXXXXAccessed 2.11.2016].
8. Navneet B. Rai S.K. (2015) Lucia: What an Incredible Dream to Dream 115-031-1 The Case Center.
9. Kaltenbeck J. (2011) Crowdfunding und Social Payments Berlin: Verlag epubli GMBH Retrieved from http://l3t.eu/oer/images/crowdfunding.pd XXXXXAccessed 10.11.2016].
10. Schwienbacher A. Larralde B.(2010) - Crowfunding of small antrepreneurial ventures SSRN Electronic Journal (2010) Retrieved from http://www.ema.eu/fileadmin/content/REALISE_IT_2/REALISE_IT_3/CROWD_OUP_Final_Version.pdf; XXXXXAccessed 25.11.2016].
11. PL-x nr.801/2015 Proiect de Lege privind dezvoltarea finanțărilor paricipative (crowdfunding) Retrived from http://www.cdep.ro/pls/proiecte/upl_pck.proiect?idp=14923; XXXXXAccessed 5.09.2016].
12. Legea contabilității nr.82/2001 republicată în 2008 M.Of nr.454/2008.
13. OMFP 1802 / 2014 privind modificarea OMFP 3055/2009 pentru aplicarea reglementărilor contabile conforme cu Directivele Europene M.Of. 766bis/2009. Retrived from http://codfiscal.net/media/2015/01/OMFP-1802-2014-Reglementaricontabile-2015.pdf XXXXXAccessed 11.10.2016].
14. Legea 571/2003 privind Codul fiscal cu modificările şi completările ulterioare Retrived from http://www.cdep.ro/pls/legis/legis_pck.htp_act_text?idt=52436 XXXXXAccessed 9.10.2016].