The paper aims at highlighting a current phenomenon on the labour market in Romania, related to the existence of important categories of unemployed persons and looking for a job, but not registered in the statistics of state institutions dealing with unemployment.
The analysis is conducted in the area of western Romania (for the Arad, Bihor and Timis counties) and aims categories of unemployed people with different skill levels, which for different reasons, are not accounted for statistically.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Blanchard O.J., 2006, European unemployment: the evolution of facts and ideas, Econ.Policy, 5-59 (January)
2. Brandolini A., Cipollone P., Viviano E., 2004, Does the ILO definition capture all unemployment?, Banca D’Italia, Temi di disscusione del Servizio Studi, No. 529 (December)
3. Choudry M.T., Marelli E., Sognorelli M., 2010, Youth Unemployment and the Impact of Financial Crisis, 11th bi-annual EACES Conference Tartu, Estonia
4. Dornbusch R., Fischer S., Startz R., 2011, Macroeconomics, 11th edition, McGraw-Hill Higher Education
5. Hussmanns R., 2007, Measurement of employment, unemployment and underemployment - Current international standards and issues in their application, Bulletin of Labour Statistics 2007-1, accessed 6 May 2016, available at http://www.ilo.org/public/english/bureau/stat/download/articles/2007-1.pdf
6. ILO, 2015, World employment and social outlook: Trends 2015, International Labour Office - Geneva: ILO
7. Marginean S., 2014, Youth Unemployment in Romania: Post-Crisis Challenges, Procedia Economics and Finance, Vol. 16, pp. 613-620, available at http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S221256711400848X
8. OECD, 2014, An update of the labour market situation, OECD Employment Outlook, OECD Publishing, available at: http://www.keepeek.com/Digital-Asset-Management/oecd/employment/oecd-employment-outlook-2014/an-update-on-the-labourmarket-situation_empl_outlook-2014-4-en#.V-k7F7P2q-k#page2
9. Raboca H.M., Raboca N., 2015, Aspects regarding the workforce resources in Bihor County, Studia Universitatis “Vasile Goldis” Arad, Economics Series, Vol. 25, Issue 3, pp. 45-54
10. *** Decent work indicators: concepts and definitions: ILO manual, 2012, International Labour Office - First edition - Geneva: ILO, accessed 11 December 2015
11. *** Resolution concerning statistics of the economically active population, employment, unemployment and underemployment, adopted by the Thirteenth International Conference of Labour Statisticians. (Geneva, October 1982), available at: http://www.ilo.org/global/statistics-and-databases/standards-and-guidelines/resolutionsadopted-by-international-conferences-of-labour-statisticians/WCMS_087481/lang--en/index.htm, accessed 14 December 2015
12. *** Global Employment Trends for Youth 2015, International Labour Organization, available at: http://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/---dgreports/---dcomm/---publ/documents/publication/wcms_412015.pdf, accessed 8 April 2016
13. *** World Employment Social Outlook 2016, International Labour Organization, available at: http://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/---dgreports/---dcomm/---publ/documents/publication/wcms_481534.pdf, accessed 5 May 2016
14. *** Monthly Statistical Bulletin of Counties, The National Institute of Statistics, the collection of 2015
15. *** Law no. 76 of 2002 on the unemployment insurance system and stimulation of employment, updated in 2016