The aim of the paper is to compare the employers' and employees' insights on human capital quality defining and human capital development at organisational level, based on a survey carried out in the county of Satu Mare, Romania. Our findings show that as human capital buyers, employers understand by human capital quality professional background and skills, professional behaviour and efficiency and productivity for the organisation. As human capital sellers, for employees human capital quality means health and the ability to learn and to be suitable to the job requirements. Regarding the opportunities to develop the organisational human capital, the views of employers and employees are very different when the level of discussion is international (macro-level). Employees consider that the international environment has a greater impact on human capital development in their organisation as the employers.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Becker G.S. (1993), Human Capital: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis with Special Reference to Education. (3rd ed.). Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
2. Behrman J.R., Taubman P.J. (1982), Human Capital in: Encyclopedia of Economics, ed. Douglas Greenwald, 474-76. New York: McGraw-Hill Book Company.
3. Benhabib J., Spiegel M. (1994), The role of human capital in economic development: evidence from aggregate cross-country data. Journal of Monetary Economics, 34, pp.143-179.
4. Boarini R., Mira d'Ercole M., Liu G. (2012), Approaches to Measuring the Stock of Human Capital: A Review of Country Practices. OECD Statistics Working Papers, 2012/04, OECD Publishing.
5. Bratianu C. (2007), An integrative perspective on the organizational intellectual capital. Review of Management and Economical Engineering, Vol.6 No.5, pp.107-113.
6. Bratianu C. (2008), A dynamic structure of the organizational intellectual capital in: Naaranoja M. (ed.) Knowledge management in organizations, pp.233-243, Vaasa:Vaasan Yliopisto.
7. Bratianu C., Jianu I., Vasilache S. (2011), Integrators for organizational intellectual capital. International Journal of Learning and Intellectual Capital, Vol.8, No.1, pp.5-15.
8. Burja C. (2012), Human capital's impact on the performance of Romanian knowledgebased companies. Annals of University of Oradea, Economic Series, Vol.21, Issue2, pp.337-342.
9. Costa R., Dorrego P.F., Jardon C.F. (2015), An empirical analysis of the influence of human capital on product innovation performance. International Journal of Engineering and Industrial Management, Vol.3, pp.127-149.
10. Lafuente E., Rabetino R. (2011), Human capital and growth in Romanian small firms. Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, Vol 18, Issue 1, pp.74-96.
11. Lefter V., Prejmerean M., Vasilache S. (2008), The dimensions of organizational intelligence-a human capital perspective. Theoretical and Applied Economics, pp.39-52.
12. Marimuthu M., Arokiasamy L., Ismail M. (2009), Human capital development and its impact on firm performance: evidence from develomental economics. The Journal of International Social Research, Vol.2 (8), pp.266-272.
13. Massingham P.R., Tam L. (2015), The relationship between human capital, value creation and employee reward. Journal of intellectual capital, Vol.16, Issue 2, pp.390-418.
14. Neagu O. (2012), Measuring the effects of the human capital on growth in the case of Romania. Annals of Dunarea de Jos University, Galati, Fascicle I Economics and Applied Informatics, No. 1/2012, pp.83-92, 15. OECD (1998), Human Capital Investment: An International Comparison. Paris: OECD Publishing.
16. OECD (2001), The Well-being of Nations: The Role of Human and Social Capital. OECD Publishing, Paris.
17. OECD, Eurostat, WHO (2011), A System of Health Accounts 2011. OECD Publishing.
18. Pribac L., Anghelina A., Blaga R.L. (2016), Return on investment in education.Case study on education in Romania. Studia Universitatis ”Vasile Goldiș”, Economic Series, Vol.26 Issue 1, pp. 26-39.
19. Rastogi P.N. (2002), Sustaining enterprise competitiveness -is human capital the answer. Human System Management, 19(3), pp.193-203.
20. Schultz T.W. (1961), Investment in human capital. American Economic Review, 51 (1) pp.1-17.
21. Schultz T.W. (1993), The economic importance of human capital in modernization. Education Economics, 1(1), pp.13-19.
22. Wang M., Lu X., Zhao Y. (2012), The quality of enterprise human capital: empirical evidence based on enterprise survey in China. Public Personal Management, Vol.42, No4, pp.735-747.
23. Weatherly L.A. (2003), Human Capital - The Elusive Asset; Measuring and managing Human Capital. Alexandria: Society for Human Resource Management.
24. World Bank (2006), Where is the Wealth of Nations? Measuring Capital for the 21st Century. The World Bank.