The decision of the Swiss National Bank of giving up the fixed rate of 1,2 Euro/CHF on the 15th of January 2015, a rate established at its admission to the Monetary Economic Union, had consequences on Central and Eastern European countries because a great part of the credits granted were in Swiss francs. In all these countries, the national currencies depreciated and the financial market rates were reduced. Regional banks started to face difficulties regarding the management of the situation and were under the necessity of finding solutions to avoid the risk of not recovering the granted credits. The issue of the Swiss franc appreciation was treated differently by the analysed countries and took into consideration the particularities characteristic to the credits granted in this currency. The present paper aims at emphasising the impact of the Swiss franc appreciation on the Romanian banking system but also the approach of other countries in Central and Eastern Europe in this respect.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. David D. (2009) Contabilitatea bancara a creditelor acordate clientelei nefinanciare Editura Gutenberg Univers Arad
2. Daianu D. (2015) Marele impas in Europa. Ce poate face Romania? Editura Polirom Bucuresti;
3. Dedu V. Enciu A. (2001) Contabilitate bancara Ed. Economica Bucuresti;
4. Cerna S. Interventie in dezbatere Conferinta de Drept bancar Creditul bancar in moneda straina. Evolutii Economice legislative si jurisprudentiale Timisoara 26-27 martie 2015;
5. Cerna S. Moneda si finante internationale (2012) Editura Universitatii de Vest Timisoara;
6. Isarescu M. (2015) Problema creditelor in franci elvetieni retrived from:http://www.hotnews.ro/stiri-esential-19239160-live-text-mugur-isarescuproblema-francilor-elvetieni.htm Acccessed in february 2015;
7. Croitoru L. Problema francului si independenta BNR retrieved from: http://www.hotnews.ro/stiri-opinii-19175981-problema-francului-independentabnr.htm Accessed in march 2015;
8. Kohler M (2010) Exchange Rates During Financial Crises. BIS Quarterly Review March 2010. Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=1561579;
9. Popa D. (2015) Scurta recapitulare a dosarului „francul elvetian” http://economie.hotnews.ro/stiri-finante_banci-19209638-scurta-recapitularedosarului-francul-elvetian-cum-reactionat-pana-acum-bancile-comerciale-bnrclasa-politica-avocatii-clientilor-dar-romanii-imprumutati-chf-vezi-text-cumprocedat-tarile-din-jur.htm Accessed in february 2015;
10. Skolimowski P. Maciej O. (2015) Eastern European Currencies Dive as Swiss Loan Costs Hurt Banks retrived from: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-01-15/polish-banks-zloty-slump-as-swiss-franc-mortgages-getexpensive Accessed in january 2015;
11. OECD (2014) Central European Country - Economic forecast summary retrived from:http://www.oecd.org/economy/cee-economic-forecast-summary.htm Accessed in january 2015;
12. Financial Stability Report 2014 retrived from http://www.bnr.ro/Publicatiiperiodice-204.aspx Accessed in january 2015;
13. Eurostat (2014) retrived from http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Exchange_rates_and_interest_rates#Main_tables;Accessed_march_2015;
14. The Economist (2015) Currency risk retrived from http://www.economist.com/news/europe/21639760-poles-were-slow-get-out-swiss-franc-mortgages-nowthey-are-paying-price-currency-risk Accessed in march 2015;
15. http://finzoom.ro/articole; Probleme pentru cei cu credite in franci elvetieni www.finzoom.ro/Info/art/.../~c3e416c5f6114a55abf1a3c10badb1cb/ Accesed in february 2015.