The present paper offers an in-depth view about the online advertising formats that are used by Romanian companies or digital advertising agencies. The qualitative research based on semi-structured detailed interviews with 12 professionals, took place in Bucharest, in February-March 2015. From the online advertising formats defined by IAB, the Romanian representatives mentioned to promote their organizations or to develop campaigns for their clients by using: search, display, social media, video advertising, affiliate marketing and sponsorship advertising format (advertorials and content sponsorship). The specialists argued about the most relevant and efficient online advertising format that they use. From their personal experience, the professionals were asked to mention which are the elements / attributes that have a significant impact on: search, display, video, social media and mobile advertising campaigns. All the respondents mentioned that their companies use remarketing campaigns. The budget of an online advertising campaign is settled differently among the formats used. The purpose of the paper is to analyze the views of professionals regarding the Romanian online advertising market and this study precedes a quantitative research among Romanian consumers exposed to online advertising campaigns in order to make a comparison between the results obtained in both studies and propose a model of online advertising campaign as close to consumers‟ wants.
1. Bundy, S., (2011). The 10 Internet Marketing Channels Crucial to Your Success in 2011, Retrieved from: http://www.revenews.com/search-enginemarketing/the-10-internet-marketing-channels-crucial-to-your-success-in-2011/.
2. Burns, K.S., & Lutz, R.J. (2006). The function of format: Consumer responses to six online advertising formats, Journal of Advertising, 35, 53-63.
3. Catoiu, I. (coord.), Balan, C., Popescu, I.C., Orzan, G., Veghes, C., Danetiu, T. & Vranceanu, D., (2002). Cercetari de marketing. Bucharest: Uranus.
4. Chaffey, D., Ellis-Chadwick, F., Mayer, R. & Johnston, K. (2009). Internet marketing, ed. 4, Essex: Pearson Education.
5. Chaturvedi, K., & Bhatia, A.B., (2001). eCRM: Deriving value of customer relationship, pp. 117-128, in eds. Sheth, J.N., Parvatiyar, A., & Shainesh, G., Customer Relationship Management - Emerging Concepts, Tools and Applications, New Delhi: Tata McGraw Hill.
6. Cho, Y., & Fjermestad, J., (2015). Using electronic customer relationship management to maximize / minimize customer satisfaction / dissatisfaction, pp. 34-52, in eds. Fjermestad, J. & Robertson, N.C.Jr., Electronic Customer Relationship Management, New York: Routledge.
7. De Cram101, (2014). Just the Facts. Framework for Marketing Management 4th ed. Study guide, Available: https://goo.gl/RvQarX, accessed May 2015.
8. Ellis-Chadwick, F., & Doherty, N.F., (2012). Web advertising: The role of email marketing, Journal of Business Research, 65, 843-848.
9. Fincanon, J., (2010) Flash Advertising: Flash platform development of microsites, advergames and branded applications, New York: Focal Press.
10. Fishkin, R., (2009). A Checklist to Choose Which Internet Marketing Channel is Right for Your Business, Retrieved from: https://moz.com/blog/a-checklistto-choose-which-internet-marketing-channel-is-right-for-your-business.
11. Homburg, C., Kuester, S. & Krohmer, H., (2009). Marketing management: A contemporary perspective, Berkshire: McGraw-Hill.
12. IAB (2014) IAB internet advertising revenue report 2013 full year results, Retrieved: http://www.iab.net/media/file/IAB_Internet_Advertising_Revenue_Report_FY_2013.pdf, accessed April 2015.
13. IAB (2015). IAB internet advertising revenue report 2014 full year results, Retrieved: http://www.iab.net/media/file/IAB_Internet_Advertising_Revenue_Report_FY_20142.pdf, accessed May 2015.
14. IAB Europe (2015) IAB Europe AdEx Benchmark 2014, disponibil la adresa: http://goo.gl/ql5P72, accessed April 2015.
15. Klapdor, S., (2013). Effectiveness of online marketing campaigns. An investigation into online multichannel and search engine advertising, Munich: Springer Gabler.
16. Kotler, P., & Armstrong, G., (2010). Principles of marketing, 13th ed., New Jersey: Pearson.
17. Kotler, P., Armstrong, G., Wong, V. & Saunders, J., (2008). Principles of marketing, ed. 5, Essex: Pearson Education.
18. Leibtag, A., (2013). The Digital Crown: Winning at Content on the Web, Boston: Morgan Kaufmann.
19. Li, H., & Leckenby, J.D., (2007). Examining the effectiveness of Internet advertising formats. Internet advertising: Theory and research, ed. D.W. Schumann and E. Thorson, 203-224. Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc.
20. Nursel, Y., & Utku, K., (2010). What is search engine optimization: SEO?, Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, 9, 487-493.
21. Pantea, C., & Pop, N.Al., (2010). Email marketing campaigns: the easiest path from organizations to consumers - an exploratory assessment, The Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Sciences Fascicle - TOM XIX, 737-742, ISSN 1582-5450.
22. Pantea, C., & Veghes, C., (2009). The development of online advertising on the Romanian Market: from conceptual basics to the operational drivers, Proceedings of the 16th International Economic Conference on “Industrial Revolutions, from the Globalization and Post-Globalization Perspective”, Section Marketing, Commerce and Tourism and a New Paradigm of Change, Sibiu, Romania, Sibiu, Romania, 7-8 May 2009, pp. 273-280, 23. Pop, N.Al., (2001). Marketing. Bucharest: Didactica si Pedagogica.
24. Reid, A. (2010). Online video ad formats. Campaign, 24. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/807661648?accountid=15533.
25. Veghes, C., (2003). Marketing direct, Bucharest: Uranus.