This article opens a suite dedicated to State Treasury financial structure optimization. It further develops our previous excursus on State Treasury mechanism, operation policies and practice, alignment to EU regulations, and the influence of fiscal pressure on the EU states economies.
This article concentrates on risk prevention and containment of the possible impact. It further describes the financing policy that has been adopted. The following section describes the effects of the applied policies and practice, as well as the accessed financial package.
We have included a lessons learned section, to outline what we strongly believe should achieved for enriching the data sets and processing automation - these being instrumental to ensure the accuracy and relevance of the decision process and actions.
We finally project the main theme of the future articles and to outline the need of competitive central administration partner for the national business community - which is tightly and ever tighter connected to its global counterparties.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Ananchotikul N. Zhang L. (2014) Portfolio Flows Global Risk Aversion and Asset Prices in Emerging Markets IMF Working Paper 14/156;
2. Anderson Phillip (2007) New Trends and Challenges in Government Debt Management
3. Blommestein Hans J. and Turner Philip 2011 ―Interactions between Sovereign Debt Management and Monetary Policy under Fiscal Dominance and Financial Instability‖ (Social Science Research Network);
4. Brits H. and C. Winder (2005) Payments Are No Free Lunch De Nederlandsche Bank Occasional Studies Vol. 3/Nr. 2 (preliminary version published as: De Nederlandsche Bank (2004) The Costs of Payments: Survey on the Costs Involved in POS Payment Products Working Group on Costs of POS Payment Products March);
5. Cheney J. (2006) "Supply- and Demand-Side Developments Influencing Growth in the Debit Market" Payment Cards Center Discussion Paper Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia;
6. Campanaro A. and Vittas D. (2004) ‗Greco-Roman Lessons for Public Debt Management and Debt Market Development‘ World Bank Policy Research Working Paper 3414.
7. Currie Elizabeth and Jorge Cardona (2006) ―Management of Contingent Liabilities‖ in Morgan Stanley Sponsored ―Government Debt Management: New Trends and Challenges‖ Central Banking Publications London
8. Chance D. Grant K. si Marsland J. (2010). Risk management CFA Programm Curriculum Vol.5 Pearson Custom Publishing Boston
9. Ebeke C. Lu Y. (2014) Emerging Market Local Currency Bond Yields and Foreign Holdings in the Post Lehman Period-a Fortune or Misfortune? IMF Working Paper No 14/29;
10. Hashim Ali; Allan Bill. (2001). Treasury Reference Model World Bank Technical Paper no.505 (http://elibrary.worldbank.org/doi/pdf/10.1596/0-8213-4945-7)
11. Jain-Chandra.S Unsal D.F. (2012) The Effectiveness of Monetary Policy Transmission Under Capital Inflows: Evidence from Asia IMF Working Paper 12/265
12. Jaramillo L. Weber A. (2012) Bond Yields in Emerging Economies: It Matters What State You Are In IMF Working Paper No 12/198;
13. Jula Dorin Jula Nicoleta (2009) Macroeconomie financiara Ed. Mustang Bucuresti;
14. Tsoukis Christopher; Agiomirgianakis M. George; Biswas Tapan. (2004). Aspects of globalisation: macroeconomic and capital market linkages in the integrated world economy. Norwell Kluwer Academic Publishers
15. Turner P. (2014) The global long-term interest rate financial risks and policy choices in EMEs BIS Working Papers No 441;
16. Miyajima K. Mohanty M.S. Chan T. (2012) Emerging market local currency bonds: diversification and stability BIS Working Papers No 391;
17. M.Wielechowsky (2011) ‖General Government deficit and public debt in EU member states‖; Warsaw University of Life Science SGGW working paper no. 4;
18. Mu Y. (2006) ‗Government Cash Management: Good Practice & Capacity - Building Framework‘ World Bank Financial Sector Discussion Series
19. P. Paun P Brezeanu (2013) ‖Theoretical aspects regarding public expenditure‖ Annals of University of Petrosani Economics;
20. Sailendra Pattanayak Israel Fainboim (2010) Treasury Single Account: Concept Design and Implementation Issues International Monetary Fund Working Paper;
21. V. Beker (2014) ‖On the European debt crisis‖ University of Belgrano University of Buenos Aires Munich Personal repec archive;
22. Wunnicke Diane B; Wilson David R. (1992). Corporate financial risk management: Practical techniques of financial engineering. New York: John Wiley & Sons
23. World Bank Treasury http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTDEBTDEPT/Resources/468980-1170954447788/3430000-196698402841/20071107_04.pdf