Since the first sport duels, and with the development of sport through the ages, there were sport fans that cheered either for one or the other opponent and in that way they showed their sympathy. As the time passed, they organized themselves in fan groups, and they became not only an agent of socialization, but also a very important factor in directing social happenings. Hooliganism was created in modern society, and it had devastating effects on both sport and socially-political relations. The functioning of the fan groups that embraces hooliganism, demands high level of organization, so the modern media became a major tool of communication. The aim of this work is to determine in which way, not only the modern media but more importantly the internet sites and the social media of the fan groups, have been used for not only promoting and giving information about their actions, goals and attitude but also promotion of hooliganism.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Maja Kovac “Violence in sport: Hooliganism as a form of violence of the sport audience” Collection of the institute for the criminological and sociological researches number 1-2 year MMV (2005) 347-374. http://www.iksi.ac.rs/zbornik_arhiva/zbornik_iksi_1_2_2005.pdf (downloaded on 28.11.2016).
2. Marija Djoric “Hooliganism as a form of social violence in Serbia”. A work presented at the Science-expert assembly with the international participation Violence in Serbia – Causes forms effects and social reactions Tara Serbia 21-23. Of October 2014. Collection of works tome 2 pages 155-164. http://www.nst.org.rs/sites/default/files/docs/Tara_2014_Tom_2.pdf (downloaded on 27.11.2016).
3. Marija Djoric “Violence in sport (theoretical controversy and causes)” Kultura polisa 23 year MMIV (2014) 102. http://kpolisa.com/KP23/kp23-II-4-Djoric.pdf (downloaded on 27.11.2016)
4. Milenko Bozovic “Violence at the public gatherings and sport events as a threat to the legal order of the Republic of Serbia” (PhD dissertation The “John Naisbitt” University The faculty for the legal and public administration and security 2016) 30. http://www.naisbitt.edu.rs/o/ostalo/univerzitet/doktorati/Doktorat%20Milenko%20Bozovic.pdf (downloaded on 27.11.2016).
5. Milica Vujanic “Dictionary of Serbian language” (Novi Sad Matica srpska 2007)
6. Ratko R. Bozovic “Agression and violence in sport” Socioloska luca I/2 (2007) 100-112. http://www.socioloskaluca.ac.me/PDF8/Bozovic%20R.%20R.,%20Agresija%20i%20nasilje%20u%20sportu.pdf (Downloaded on 27.11.2016).
• “German example of the fight with hooligans” RTS 8.10.2009. . http://www.rts.rs/page/stories/sr/story/10/svet/212451/nemacki-primer-borbe-s-huliganima.html (downloaded on 28.11.2016
• Zoran Majdin “ The Maksimir Case – Twenty years later” Vreme 20.05.2010. http://www.vreme.co.rs/cms/view.php?id=931952 (downloaded on 27.11.2016.)