In decision making quite often we face permanently changeable and potentially infinite databases when we cannot apply conventional algorithms for choosing a solution. A decision process on infinite databases (e.g. on a database containing a contradiction) is called troubleshooting. A decision on these databases is called creative reasoning. One of the first heuristic semi-logical means for creative decision making were proposed in the theory of inventive problem solving (TIPS) by Genrich Altshuller. In this paper, I show that his approach corresponds to the so-called content-generic logic established by Soviet philosophers as an alternative to mathematical logic. The main assumption of content-genetic is that we cannot reduce our thinking to a mathematical combination of signs or to a language as such and our thought is ever cyclic and reflexive so that it contains ever a history.
3. Altshuller, G. S., Creativity as Rigorous Science [Творчество как точная наука]. Moscow: Soviet Radio, 1979.
4. Altshuller, G. S., Seliucki, A.B., Wings for Icarus: How to Solve Invention Tasks [Крылья для Икара: как решать изобретательские задачи]. Petrozavodsk: Karelia, 1980.
5. Altshuller, G. S., Zlotin, B.L., Filatov, V.I., Profession to Look for the New [Профессия- поиск нового (Функционально-стоимостный анализ и теория решения изобретательских задач как система выявления резервов экономии)]. Kishinev (Chisinau): Karcia Moldoveniaske, 1985.
6. Altshuller, G. S., Zlotin, B.L., Zusman, A.B., Theory and Praktice of Solutions for Invention Tasks [Теория и практика решения изобретательских задач, Методические рекомендации]. Kishinev (Chisinau), 1989.
7. Ilyenkov, Ewald, Dialectical Logic. Moscow: Politizdat, 1974 (in Russian).
8. Jacobs, B., and Rutten, J., A tutorial on (co)algebras and (co)induction, EATCS Bulletin 62, 1997, 222-259.
9. Kuhn, Thomas, The Structure of Scientific Revolutions. University of Chicago Press, 1962.
10. Piaget, Jean, Genetic Epistemology, Columbia Univ. Press, 1968.
11. Shchedrovitsky, G., Methodological Problems of System Research. Moscow: “Znanie” Publishing House, 1964 (in Russian).
12. Vygotsky, Lev, Thought and Speech, 1934 (in Russian).
13. Woods, Donald R., Successful Trouble Shooting for Process Engineers. Wiley-VCH, 2005.
14. Zinoviev, Aleksandr, On the Working out of Dialectics as Logic, Voprosy Filosofii, No. 4, 1957 (in Russian).