Employee performance is a condition and an assumption for the performance and success of a company on the market. In order to ensure competitive ability, the quality of human resources, their management, and related measurement and performance assessment are at the forefront of company interest. Employee assessment affects the performance, development and motivation of people and also provides the necessary information about the employees. It allows the organization to monitor employee performance and compare their work with other collaborators. Many companies have the problem of setting up evaluation system so that it carried itself elements of responsibility and objectivity. The result of conceptual work in this area is the ultimate use of tools whose deployment, if possible, motivates employees to perform better. The aim of the paper is to refer to problems that arise in companies in evaluating the performance of employees.
1. ASHKENAS, R. 2010. The Force of Simplicity: How to streamline to run company and simplify its activity. Bratislava: Eastone Boooks.
2. DUDINSKÁ, E., JARAB, J., BUDAJ, P., ŠPÁNIK, M. 2011. Human resources management. Prešov: Vydavateľstvo Michala Vaška.
3. ESCHENBACH et al. 2000. Controlling. Prague: ASPI publishing, 816 p.
4. HAVLÍČEK, K. 2011. Management & Controllling of small and medium company, 1st edition. Prague: University of Finance and Administration, o.p.s., 212 p. Edition EUPRESS.
5. HITKA, M. POTKÁNY, M. 2005. Controlling concept of integrated management in connection with the company´s motivation program. Management in theory and practice, 3. [online]. An expert magazine on new trends in management. http://casopisy.euke.sk/mtp/clanky/3-2005/hitka.pdf
6. KAPLAN, R. S. & NORTON, D. P. 2005. Balanced scorecard, Strategic system of company performance measurement. Prague> Management Press.
7. Team of authors. 2009. Employee Performance Management 1, 2. Skalica: Raabe.
8. MOVIUS, H., SUSSKIND, L. 2010. Companies that win. Bratislava: Eastone Boooks.
9. PETŘÍK, T. 2005. Economic and financial management of the company. Praha: Grada Publishing, 372 p.
10. POSOLDOVÁ, I. 2014. Performance management and Work Performance Appraisal. Societas et Iurisprudenta, II(3), pp. 163-174. ISSN 1339-5467. Available on the Internet: http://sei.iuridica.truni.sk/archive/2014/03/SEI-2014-03-Studies-Posoldova-Iveta.pdf
11. SZARKOVÁ, M. 2004. Psychology. Bratislava: Ekonóm. ISBN 80-225-1787-9
12. TREBUŇA, P. 2011. Human resources management in industrial engineering. Košice: The Technical University of Košice.
13. VETRÁKOVÁ, M et al. 2007. Employee benefits evaluation. Banská Bystrica: UMB Faculty of Economics, 190 p.
14. ZÁVADSKÝ, J. 2010. System approach to increasing organization performance. In: In Look Days 2010. Hédervár, Hungary.