This report briefly describes an ongoing research related to optimization of allocating software components to heterogeneous computing platform (which includes CPU, GPU and FPGA). Research goal is also presented, along with current hot topics of the research area, related research teams, and finally results and contribution of my research. It involves mathematical modelling which results in goal function, optimization method which finds a suboptimal solution to the goal function and a software modeling tool which enables graphical representation of the problem at hand and help developers determine component placement in the system design phase.
1. R. P. Web, 2013, http://www.mrtc.mdh.se/projects/ralf3/, [Accessed: Jan 2013].
2. LIGGESMEYER, P. and TRAPP, M. 2009. Trends in embedded software engineering. IEEE Software, 26(3).
3. BECKER, S., KOZIOLEK, H. and REUSSNER, R. 2009. Model-based performance prediction with the palladio component model.
4. SENTILLES, S., VULGARAKIS, A., BUREŠ, T., CARLSON, J. and CRNKOVIC ,I. 2008. A component model for control-intensive distributed embedded systems, pp. 310-317.
5. CARLSON, J., FELJANMÄKI-TURJA, J. and SJÖDIN, M. 2010. Deployment modelling and synthesis in a component model for distributed embedded systems, pp. 74 82.
6. FREDRIKSSON, J. SANDSTRÖM, K. and AKERHOLM, M. 2005. Optimizing resource usage in component-based real- time systems, pp. 49-65.
7. RISTAU, B., LIMBERG, T. and FETTWEIS, G. 2008. A Mapping Framework for Guided Design Space Exploration of Heterogeneous MP-SoCs, pp. 780-783.
8. WANG, S., MERRICK, J. R. and K. SHIN, G. 2004. Component allocation with multiple resource constraints for large embedded real-time software design, pp. 219-226.
9. FELJAN, J., CARLSON, J. and SECELEANU, T. 2012.Towards a model-based approach for allocating tasks to multicore processors, pp. 117-124.
10. MALEK, S., MEDVIDOVIC, N. and MIKIC-RAKIC, M. 2012. An extensible framework for improving a distributed software system’s deployment architecture. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 38(1), pp. 73-100.
11. SENOUCI, B. 2008. Multi-cpu/fpga platform based heterogeneous multiprocessor prototyping: New challenges for embedded software designers, pp. 41-47.
12. ŠVOGOR, I. CRNKOVIC, I. and VRCEK, N. 2013. Multi-criteria software component allocation on a heterogeneous platform. In: International Conference on Information Technology Interfaces. Zagreb, pp. 341-346.