The article deals with a comparative analysis of the content of such terms as competency, competence and professional competency of technicians in food technology. Special attention has been given to domestic and foreign scholars′ research findings on the matter in order to consider the genesis of the term “competency” and its spreading within Ukrainian and foreign pedagogy. Based on the comparison of European standards and the educational and qualification-based specification of technicians in food technology, we have shown the interdependence of the content between such terms as competency, professional competency and professional competency of technicians in food technology. In the content of such term as professional competency we have distinguished separate competences according to the production functions and typical tasks within professional activity of future technicians in food technology. We have revealed the significance of core competences in the structure of professional competency of future specialists in food technology.
4. Hager. P. (199S). Is there a cogent philosophical argument against competency' standards? In P. Hirst and P. White (Eds.), Philosophy of education: mqjor themes in the analytic: problems of 59 educational content and practices (Vol. 4. pp. 399-415). Florence. KY. USA: Routledge.
5. Honcharenko. S. I. (2000). Profesiina osvita: slovmk. Kyiv: Vyshcha shkoia.
6. Hymes. D. (1975). Etnografiva rechi. Novae v lingvistike. 7,42-95.
7. Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Online. (2017). Retrieved fiom http:'www.ldoeeonlme.comdictionary’competence.
9. Mulder. M.. Weigel. T. & Collins, K. (2006). The concept of competence in the development of vocational education and naming m selected EU member states. A critical analysis. Journal of vocational education and training. 59 (1), 67-SS.
11. Pome run. O. I. (2005). Formuvannia hromadianskoi kompetentnosti: pohliad z pozvtsu suchasnoi pedahohichnoi nauky. Visnykprohram shkilrtykh obminiv. 23, IS.
12. Raven. J. (2002). Kompetenmost v sovremennom obshchestve: vyyavlenie. razvitiy e. realizatsiya. Moscow: Kogito-Tsentr.
13. Short. E. (1995). The concept of competence: its use and misuse m education Journal of teacher education, 2, 2-6.
14. Sultana. R. G. (2009). Competence and competence frameworks in career guidance: complex and contested concepts. International journal for educational and vocational guidance. 9, 15-30.
15. Tomson. T., & Bonito. J. (2007). Obzor modeli professionalnoi komperentsii konsultanra. Retrieved from http: ,,www.cfiN.m'coNsuitiNs'ecm.s.html.
16. Tuning Educational Structures in Europe. (2000). Retrieved fiom http:'/www.umdeusto
17. UNESCO. (1996). Learning: the treasure within. Report to UNESCO of the International Comission on Education for the 21st century. Remeved fiom http:’ 'unesdoc.unesco.org images 0010 001095/109590eo.pdf.
18. Verchovna Rada Ukrainy. (2013). Pro Natsionalnu stratehiiu rozyytku osvity v Ukraini naperiod do 2021 roku. Vziato z http: "zakon2.rada.gov.uala ws' show/344/2013.
19. Verkhovna Rada Ukrainy. (2014). Zakon Ukrainy "Pro \yshchu osvitu"'. Retrieved fiom .
20. Zimmaia. I. A. (2004). IJyuchevyye kompetentnosti kak rezultamno-tselevay a osnova kompetenrnosmogo podkhoda v obrazovanii. Moscow: Issledovatelskiv tsentt problem kachestva podgotovki spetsialistov.