Romanian Neurosurgery is covered by the following services:
CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
EBSCO (relevant databases)
EBSCO Discovery Service
Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
Primo Central (ExLibris)
ProQuest (relevant databases)
Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
Editor-in-Chief Stefan Mircea IENCEAN, “Grigore T Popa” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iasi, Romania
Deputy/ Managing Editor Ion POEATA, Grigore T Popa” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iasi, Romania
Editorial Advisory Board Radu Mircea GORGAN, “Carol Davila” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Bucharest, Romania Stefan Ioan FLORIAN, “Iuliu Hatieganu” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj-Napoca, Romania Bogdan COSTACHESCU, “Grigore T Popa” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iasi, Romania Alin IORDACHE, “Grigore T Popa” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iasi, Romania
Editors Romanian Editorial Board Danil ADAM, “Carol Davila” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Bucharest, Romania Vasile ASTARASTOAE, , “Grigore T Popa” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iasi, Romania Horia Bogdan DAVIDESCU, “Ovidius” University, Constanta, Romania FlorinEXERGIAN, Bucharest, Romania Gabriel B I Iacob, “Carol Davila” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Bucharest, Romania Alexandru LUPSA, Targu-Mures, Romania Alexandru TASCU, “Carol Davila” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Bucharest, Romania
International Editorial Board Miguel A. ARRAEZ, Carlos Haya University Hospital, Málaga, Spain Helmut BERTALANFFY, International Neuroscience Institute, Hannover, Germany Jacques BROTCHI, Université Libre de Bruxelles,Belgium Patrick COURTEOUX, Caen University, France J P HOUTTEVILLE, Caen, France Yoko KATO, Fujita Health University, Japan Uwe KEHLER, Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany Jean-Claude MARCHAL, Nancy, France P MERTENS, Lyon, France B.K. MISRA, Mumbai, India Scott C ROBERTSON, Oklahoma, USA Madjid SAMII, International Neuroscience Institute, Hannover, Germany J SCHRAMM, University of Bonn, Germany Bernhard SUTTER, Medical University Graz, Austria Felix UMANSKY, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Contact Dr. Stefan Mircea Iencean Romanian Neurosurgery "Gr.T. Popa" University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iasi, Romania by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publisher DE GRUYTER OPEN Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str. 01-811 Warsaw, Poland T: +48 22 701 50 15
INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
“Romanian Neurosurgery” is the property of the Romanian Society of Neurosurgery. The journal is specialized in the publishing of neurology and neurosurgery papers, but also in ophthalmology, radiology, pathology, physiology, anatomy, medical computing technology, etc., clinical and research papers in relation to the nervous system. All rights concerning decisions on publishing the papersare solely reserved to the editorial staff.
ETHICS The publication of an article in Romanian Neurosurgery is a direct reflection of the quality of the work of the authors. The prevention of publication malpractice is first the responsibility of every author and also of our editorial board. Authors must submit accurate informations and sufficient details, presenting its objective significance; unethical behavior is unacceptable. Plagiarism in all its forms constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable. For Romanian Neurosurgery the publication ethics and publication malpractice statement is consistent with the recommendations and guidelines of the Committee on Publication Ethics, the World Association of Medical Editors, the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors and Consolidated Standards Of Reporting Trials.
ENCLOSED LETTER In addition to the manuscript, Editorial Board should receive an enclosed letter containing the exclusive reservation of copyright guaranteed by all authors whose manuscripts have already been accepted. If the paper was completely or partially published or exposed previously, a copy or a photocopy of it should be also sent. The technical reports should contain a declaration concerning the financial sources that cover the costs necessary for instruments and methodology acquisition. In order to illustrate different cases, photos of identifiable patients will not be published without their legal consent or that of their legal representative. The letter containing this consent together with the manuscripts should be sent to the editorial office. If the author wishes his unpublished manuscripts returned, please note this in the enclosed letter.
SENDING OF MANUSCRIPTS The manuscript sent for publishing must be submitted in English. The manuscript will be typed with a 2 line space. Please enclose 1 copy of the manuscript, tables, graphics and photos. In case one article is not accepted, one copy of the manuscript and all pictures will be returned to the author if so noted in the enclosed letter. After publishing, the paper and pictures become property of Romanian Neurosurgery.
There are no article processing charges (NO APCs) and no article submission charges.
MANUSCRIPT ELABORATION Paper sent for publishing should be in accordance with international standards of manuscript submittance. These standards are mentioned in “British Medical Journal” 1988; 296: 404-405 or in “Annals of Internal Medicine” 1988; 108:258-265. The authors are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained in the essay.
1. The title page should contain the whole title of the essay and complete names of authors with their academical degrees. If it is necessary, the department, the hospital or the institution where the search has been undertaken, should be also mentioned.
2. Please include and additional page containing the title of the essay and the author responsible for correcting of any and of all mistakes and for maintaining correspondence. The address, phone and fax number should be included (e-mail be available).
3. A summary, no longer than 300 words, should be written on a separate page. Key-words, no more than 7, should be listed in alphabetical order on the same page. The use of key words should be approved by the “Index Medicus”.
4. Text. The introduction should specify the purpose of the paper. The content and the method should give a minute account of the work methodology, so that the experiment conclusion could be reproduced and checked up on in other centers. The experiments and medical studies performed on human beings should respect the principles specified in “The Declaration of Helsinki”, whereas the experiments done on animals should be in accordance with “The Principles Charta of Animal’s Care and Use”. The results should not contain references to previous studies. The discussions should reflect the main features of the research.
typed on 2 lines;
quoted in alphabetical order;
explanatory footnotes are not accepted;
unpublished data and personal papers should be quoted inside the text and not in the bibliography;
entries to the bibliography should appear in the following order: the authors, the title of the essay, the title of the periodical (abbreviated according to the list of abbreviation specified in the “Index Medicus”), the volume number, the page number and the data publication.
6. Tables and pictures. There should be 1 copy sent. Each table with its own title should be submitted on separate pages. The photos, radiographies, CT scans should be labeled on the back with the number of each picture, corresponding with the number included inside the text, and the author’s name. The label will be placed on the top of the picture. The drawings may be sent on vellum paper, tracing paper or transparent paper. The use of pictures belonging to other publications is accepted, only if mentioning the original source. Further, the partial use of any previously published text is accepted with the approval of its author and editor. All pages should be consecutively numbered, starting with the title page.
ABBREVIATION Abbreviations should be consistently used throughout the text and established in fixed form from the beginning.
SUBMISSION Manuscript should be sent to the Editor:
Dr. St.M. Iencean, Romanian Neurosurgery "Gr.T. Popa" University of Medicine and Pharmacy Universitatii Street, No. 16, 700115, Iasi, Romania or by e-mail to: email@example.com
DISCLAIMER The editors disclaim any responsibility for opinions expressed in the papers.