Dissecting aneurysm located in the peripheral region of the superior cerebellar artery is very rare. There is little experience regarding their surgical or endovascular treatment. We present the case of a peripheral dissecting superior cerebellar artery aneurysm treated by surgical clipping.
1. Atalay B, Altinors N, Yilmaz C, Caner H, Ozger O. Fusiform aneurysm of the superior cerebellar artery: short review article. Acta Neurochir (Wien) 149: 291-294, 2007.
2. Cardoso CA, Almeida Lima EL, Barbosa TM. Dissecting aneurysm of the distal superior cerebellar artery - Case report and assessment of endovascular treatment. Arq Bras Neurocir 32(2):118-21, 2013.
3. Chaloupka JC, Putman CM, Awad IA. Endovascular therapeutic approach to peripheral aneurysms of the cerebellar artery. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 1996; 17(7):1338-42.
4. Danet M, Raymond J, Roy D. Distall superior cerebellar artery aneurysm presenting with cerebellar infarction: report of two cases. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 22:717-720, 2001.
5. Drake CG. The treatment of aneurysms of the posterior circulation. Clin Neurosurg 26:96-144, 1979
6. Gacs G, Vinuela F, Fox AJ, Drake CG. Peripheral aneurysms of the cerebellar arteries. J Neurosurg 1983;58:63-8.
7. Haw C, Willinsky R, Agid R, TerBrugge K. The endovascular management of superior cerebellar artery aneurysms. Can J Neurol Sci. 31(1):53-7, 2004.
8. Kubota S, Ohmori S, Tatara N, Nagashima C. A ruptured peripheral, superior cerebellar artery aneurysm: A case report and a review of the literature as to surgical approaches. No Shinkei Geka 1994;22:279-83.
9. Kurosu A, Fujii T, Ono G. Distal superior cerebellar artery aneurysm. Br J Neurosurg 14:244-246, 2000.