Fascicular left ventricular tachycardia (VT) is the second most frequent idiopathic left VT in the setting of a structurally normal heart. Catheter ablation is curative in most patients with low complication rates. We report a case of ostial left anterior descending coronary artery (LAD) occlusion during fascicular ventricular tachycardia ablation.
Dissection was the most likely cause of LAD obstruction. To the authors’ best knowledge, this is the first case reporting selective LAD dissection during electrophysiology study with no left main coronary artery (LMCA) affection.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. ZIPES DP JALIFE J. Cardiac electrophysiology: from cell to bedside (Sixth edition). Elsevier Philadelphia 2014:827.
2. PRIORI SG BLOMSTRÖM-LUNDQVIST C MAZZANTI A BLOM N BORGGREFE M CAMM J et al. 2015 ESC Guidelines for the management of patients with ventricular arrhythmias and the prevention of sudden cardiac death. Eur Heart J. 2015; 36(41):2793-867.
3. BOHNEN M STEVENSON WG TEDROW UB MICHAUD GF JOHN RM EPSTEIN LM et al. Incidence and predictors of major complications from contemporary catheter ablation to treat cardiac arrhythmias. Heart Rhythm 2011; 8:1661.
4. CALKINS H SOUSA J EL-ATASSI R ROSENHECK S DE BUITLEIR M KOU WH et al. Diagnosis and cure of the Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome or paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardias during a single electrophysiologic test. N Engl J Med 1991; 324:1612-1618.
5. YALIN K GOLCUK E BILGE AK UMMAN S ADALET K. Successful stenting of a left main coronary artery occlusion as a complication of RF ablation for Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2012; 35(2):e43-6.
6. KOSINSKI DJ BURKET MW DURZINSKY D. Occlusion of the left main coronary artery during radiofrequency ablation for the Wolff–Parkinson–White syndrome. Eur J Card Pacing Electrophysiol 1993; 3:63-6.
7. HOPE EJ HAIGNEY MC CALKINS H RESAR JR. Left main coronary thrombosis after radiofrequency ablation: successful treatment with percutaneous transluminal angioplasty. Am Heart J 1995; 129:1217-9.
8. PONS M BECK L LECLERCQ F FERRIERE M ALBAT B DAVY JM. Chronic left main coronary artery occlusion: A complication of radiofrequency ablation of idiopathic left ventricular tachycardia. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 1997; 20: 1874-1876.
9. KHARRAT I CHARFEDDINE H SAHNOUN M REKIK S KRICHEN S HENTATI M KAMMOUN S. Left main coronary thrombosis: Unusual complication after radiofrequency ablation of left accessory atrioventricular pathway. J Electrocardiol 2008; 41:683-685.
10. JANEIRA LF. Coronary artery dissection complicating radiofrequency catheter ablation via the retrograde approach. Pace 1998; 21:1327.