1 Cardiovascular Research Center, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran (Islamic Republic of)
2 Cardiovascular Research Center, Modarres Hospital, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran (Islamic Republic of)
3 Non-Communicable Diseases Research Center, Endocrinology and Metabolism Population Sciences Institute, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran (Islamic Republic of). Students’ Scientific Research Center (SSRC), Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran (Islamic Republic of)
The femoral artery pseudoaneurysm is a disturbing groin complication associated with the femoral arterial access site used for invasive cardiovascular interventions. We present a 39 year old man who developed a huge right common femoral artery pseudoaneurysm, following diagnostic coronary artery catheterization, which was successfully managed with stent-assisted coiling, an emerging and narrative option in invasive percutaneous approaches to femoral artery pseudoaneurysm.
1. HAMRAOUI K., ERNST SM., VAN DESSEL PF., KELDER JC., TEN BERG JM., SUTTORP MJ., et al. Efficacy and safety of percutaneous treatment of iatrogenic femoral artery pseudoaneurysm by biodegradable collagen injection. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 39(8):1297-304.
2. AHMAD F., TURNER SA., TORRIE P., GIBSON M. Iatrogenic femoral artery pseudoaneurysms--a review of current methods of diagnosis and treatment. Clin Radiol. 2008; 63(12):1310-6.
3. LENNOX A., GRIFFIN M., NICOLAIDES A., MANSFIELD A. Regarding “Percutaneous ultrasound guided thrombin injection: A new method for treating postcatheterization femoral pseudoaneurysms”. Journal of Vascular Surgery. 28(6):1120-21.
4. O’SULLIVAN GJ., RAY SA., LEWIS JS., LOPEZ AJ., POWELL BW., MOSS AH., et al. A review of alternative approaches in the management of iatrogenic femoral pseudoaneurysms. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 1999; 81(4):226-34.
5. REEDER SB., WIDLUS DM., LAZINGER M. Low-dose thrombin injection to treat iatrogenic femoral artery pseudoaneurysms. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2001; 177(3):595-8.
6. TULSYAN N., KASHYAP VS., GREENBERG RK., SARAC TP., CLAIR DG., PIERCE G., et al. The endovascular management of visceral artery aneurysms and pseudoaneurysms. J Vasc Surg. 2007; 45(2):276-83; discussion 83.