Leveraging on resource based-view theory, this paper shows strategies adopted in higher education to remain competitive. Using scale development method, 60 questionnaires as survey instrument was distributed and 58 respondents completed and returned. The result of socio-economic demographic variables, factor analysis and validity using the statistical packages for social science. Five dimensions were adopted: cost leadership strategy, service differentiation strategy, cost focus strategy, integration strategy and diversification strategy. The validity and reliability result as well as managerial implication, limitation and future research were discussed.
9. Gulsecen S. and Kubat A. (2006). Teaching ICT to teacher candidates using PBL: A qualitative and quantitative evaluation. Educational Technology & Society 9 (2): 96-106.
10. Hair J. F. Jr. Black W. D. Babin B. J. Anderson R. E. & Tatham R. L. (2006). Multivariate data analysis (6th ed). Upper Saddle River New Jersey: Pearson Education Inc
11. Hutgschenreuter T. & Israel S. (2009). A review of empirical research on dynamic competitive strategy; international journals of management review. Vol. 11 pp421-461.
12. Malburg C. (2000). Competing on costs Industry Week Vol. 249 No.17 pp.31.
13. Miles M.B. and Huberman A.M. 1994. Qualitative data analysis: an expanded sourcebook. Sage Publications.
14. Mintzberg H. & Rose J. (2003). Strategic management upside down: tracking strategies at McGill University from 1829 to 1980. Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences 20(4) 270-290.
15. Pearce J.A and Robinson R. (2000) Strategic Management: Strategic Formulation and Implementation. Richard D. Irwin Inc. U.S.A. 3rd Edition.
16. Poddar R. & Gadhawe S. (2007). Competitive advantage: An introduction ICFAI University Press.
17. Porter M. E. (1990). The competitive advantage of nations New York: Free Press.
18. Porter M.E (1996). What is strategy? Harvard Business Review Vol. 74 No.6 pp.61-78
19. Porter M.E (2001) Strategy and the Internet Harvard Business Review Vol. 79 No.3 pp.62-78
20. Ross J. A. Hogaboam-Gray A. & Rolheiser C. (2002). Student self-evaluation in grade 5-6 mathematics: Effects on problem solving achievement. Educational Assessment 8(1) 43-58.
21. Snowdon B. & Stonehouse G. (2006). Competitiveness in a globalized world: Michael Porter on the microeconomic foundations of the competitiveness of nations regions and firms. Journal of International Business Studies 37(2) 163-175
22. Stone M (1995). Strategic development related to Europeanization of UK logistics and distribution service suppliers European Business Review Vol. 95 No.5 pp.9-14