When an offshore oil field completed and put into production, new subsea pipelines and the new cable need to be established. Cable protection pipe clamp is used to fix cable protection pipe on the jacket. In order to avoid the problem of traditional steel structure clamp splice, counterpoint, fastening difficulty when installed cable protection pipe under water, reduce the risk and workload of under water, This paper develop a new type of portable connecting riser clamp -“backpack clamp” which solve the riser cable protection pipe difficult underwater installation problem. The main structure of backpack clamp used three valves type structure. The load characteristic of a clamping device was determined by the Morison equation which was a classical theory. Clamp device underwater mechanics analysis model was established. The minimum tension pre-tightening force was determined. The results show that the strength of the base meets the requirements after strength analysis with finite element analysis method, stability and strength experiments, which means the clamp based on resin matrix composite is feasible.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Wang Dingya Zhu Anda. Current situation of offshore petroleum equipment and development orientation of localization. Petroleum Machinery 2014 03:89-93.
2. “Detection and maintenance safety assessment and real time monitoring system for offshore platform structures” placed second in the National Science and Technology Progress Award. Journal of Petroleum University: (Edition of Natural Science) 2004 03.
3. Xu Shuang Yang Xun Liu Xiaoqiang. Research of offshore platform damage type and repair and strengthening method with clamp. Petroleum Engineering Construction 2011 S1:65-68+1.
4. Liu Jianlei. Study on structural safety assessment of existing offshore platforms. Ocean University of China 2013.
5. Wang Deyu. The dynamic response of clamped dented tubular beam under lateral impact. China Offshore Platform 1997 04:15-17+5.
6. Samarakoon S M K Ratnayake R M C. Strengthening modification and repair techniques’ prioritization for structural integrity control of ageing offshore structures. Reliability Engineering & System Safety 2015 135: 15-26.
7. Bayazitoglu YO. Assessment and Repair of Offshore Platform Applications to Bay of Campeche Facilities. ASME. J. Offshore Mech. Arct. Eng. 1999; 122 (2):81-92.
8. Gong Shunfeng Jin Weiliang The repair of damaged members on offshore fixed platform. China Offshore Platform 2001 02:38-43.
9. ZHANG D.W. & LUAN T. & ZHOU B. Method of tube clip mounting concentricity adjusting water Energy and Energy Conservation 2011 11: 66-67.
10. Tetsuyoshi H. & Nur R. N. & Takao Y.G. Revisit of aneurysm clip closing forces: comparison of titanium versus cobalt alloy clip Neurological review 2013 11:517-522.
11. Qi B. Global strength analysis of ultra-deep-water drilling riser Harbin engineering university 2012 03: 45-56.
12. Fan B.M. & Ji C.Y. & Zhang Q. The combined action of waves and currents under deep-sea vertical research on the calculation method of fatigue life Ship & Ocean Engineering2008 2: 91-94.
13. Peng S. & Deng Y. X. & Yin Y.K. The calculation of parameter analysis platform jacket waves China Offshore Platform 2010 4:32-35.
14. Jin H.Y. Linear wave theory of floating platform based on the analysis of force and motion 2012 07:108-115.
15. Liu H.X. & Duan W.Y. & Chen X.B. Wave loading on concentric porous cylinders with varying porosity Journal of Marine Science and Application 2013 12 No 4:400-405.