In China, the oil and natural gas resources of Bohai Bay are mainly marginal oil fields. It is necessary to build both iceresistant and economical offshore platforms. However, there are many risks during the life cycle of offshore platforms due to the imperfect preliminary design for the Bohai Sea economical ice-resistant structures. As a result, the whole life-cycle design should be considered, including plan, design, construction, management and maintenance design. Based on the demand of existing codes and research of the basic design, structural ice-resistant performance and the reasonable management and maintenance, the life-cycle design theory is discussed. It was concluded that the life-cycle cost-effective optimum design proposed will lead to a minimum risk.
1. Gang Li, Dayong Zhang, Qianjin Yue.: Minimum life-cycle cost design of ice-resistant offshore platforms. Structural Engineering and Mechanics, 31(1), 2009, p.11-24.
2. Zhang Dayong, Xu Ning, Yue qianjin, Liu Di.: Sea ice problems in Bohai Bay oil and gas exploitation. Journal of coastal research, 73, 2015, p.676-680.
3. Dimitri V. Val and Mark. G. Stewart.: Life-cycle cost analysis of reinforced concrete structures in marine environments. Struct. Safety, 25, 2003, p.121-130.
4. Zheng Hongyin.:Methods for high efficiency development of offshore oil and gas fields in China. Journal of oil and gas technology, 27(5), 2005, p.784-786.
5. Zhang Dayong, Yue Qianjin.: Major challenges of offshore platforms design for shallow water oil and gas field in moderate ice conditions. Ocean Engineering, 38, 2011, p.1220-1224.
6. API RP-2A WSD.: Recommended practice for planning, design and constructing fixed offshore platforms-working stress design. API Recommended Practice 2A-WSD, 21 Edition, 2000.
7. ISO/DIS 19902.: Design of fixed steel jackets. DIS Draft. International Standardization Organization, 2004.
8. Hirayama K, Obara I.: Ice forces on inclined structures. Proc of the 5th International Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, Tokyo, Japan, 1986, p.515-520.
9. Karna T, Qu Yan, et al.: A spectral model for forces due to ice crushing. Journal of Offshore Mechanics & Arctic Engineering, 129, 2007, p.138-145.
10. Yue, Q.J., Bi, X. J.: Full-scale Tests and Analysis of Dynamic Interaction between Ice Sheet and Conical Structures. Proc. of 14th IAHR, Potsdam, 2, 1998, p.939-945.
11. Yue, Q.J., Qu, Y., Bi, X.J., Karna, T.: Ice Force Spectrum on Narrow Conical Structures. Cold Regions Science and Technology, 49, 2007, p.161-169.
12. S. Y. Ji, Q. J. Yue, X. J. Bi.: Probability distribution of sea ice fatigue parameters in JZ20-2 sea area of the Liaodong Bay. The Ocean Engineering, 20(3), 2002, p.39-43.
13. Li G, Zhang DY, Yue QJ.: Efficient approximate method of the global reliability analysis for the offshore platforms in ice zone., China Ocean Engineering, 22(2), 2008, p.303-312
14. Zhang Dayong, Li Gang, Yue Qianjin.: Statistical properties of structural global resistance and extreme response of offshore platform in ice zone. Shipping mechanics, 17(1-2), 2013, p.112-117.
15. H. C. Fang, F. Y. Xu, G. M. Chen.: A new method for fatigue life calculation of tubular joint of offshore platform in ice region. China offshore platform, 12(6), 1997, p.259-263.
16. H. C. Fang, M. L. Duan, F. Y. Xu.: Reliability analysis of ice-induced fatigue and damage in offshore engineering structures. China ocean engineering, 14(1), 2000, p.12-24.
17. Q. J. Yue, Y. Liu, Y. Qu, Z. M. Shi.: Fatigue-life analysis of ice-resistant platforms. Engineering Mechanics, 24(6), 2007, p.159-164.
18. Zhang Dayong, Liu Di, Xu Ning, Yue Qianjin.: Fatigue life analysis of the vertical leg jacket platform induced by ice vibrations. The ocean engineering, 33(4), 2015, p.35-44.
19. GB/T13442-92.: Reduced comfort boundary and evaluation criteria for human exposure to whole-body vibration. 1992.
20. Zhang Dayong, Yue Qianjin, Che Xiaofei.: The Effects of Facilities and Crew Members on the Ice-resistant Platforms Induced by Ice Vibrations in Bohai Sea. The 21st International Offshore (Ocean) and Polar Engineering Conference, Maui, Hawaii, USA, 2011, p.19-24.
21. Zhang Dayong, Li Gang, Yue Qianjin.: Dynamic reliability analysis of human exposure to ice-induced vibration on offshore platforms. China offshore platform, 21(3), 2006, p.40-44.
22. Li Gang, Zhang Dayong, Yue Qianjin.: Time-dependent fatigue reliability analysis of offshore platforms in ice zone. Chinese journal of computational mechanics, 23(5), 2006, p.513-517.
23. Li Gang, Zhang Dayong, Yue Qianjin.: Life-cycle cost-effective optimum design of offshore platforms considering environmental stressors in ice zone. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, 131, 2009, p.031501-031509.