The particle of calcareous sands was forced to crush, then the energy from the crushing was released by the form of sound waves. Therefore the AE technique was used to detect the calcareous sands AE signal when it crushed. by to study the AE characteristics, the mechanics of calcareous sands was studied. Study showed that: (1) there was the AE activities on the low confining pressure condition at the beginnig of test, (2) there was more and more AE activities with the continuing of test until to the end, (3) the calcareous sands’ AE activities was on the whole testing, (4) the calcareous sands’ particle crushing and mutual friction played different roles for its AE activities. Then the AE model based on the calcarous sands’ particle crushing was discussed.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. YANG Rui-feng MA Tie-hua.A Study on the Applications of Acoustic Emission Technique. JOURNAL OF NORTH UNIVERSITY of CHINA (NATURAL SCIENCE EDITION) Vol. 27NO. 5pp. 456-461 2006.
2. Feng Xiating (Translation). Application of Accoustic Emission technology(in Chinese). Beijing: Metallurgical Industry Press; 1996.
3. Xu Bingfeng. application of AE Technology in geotechnical engineering. Nanjing: Hohai University 1989.
4. R.M.Koerner A.E.LordJr.．Acoustic Emission in Medium Plasticity Clay Silt．Journal of the Soil Mecanicas and Foundations DivisionProceedings of the American Society of Civil Engineering Vol.98NO.SM11972.
5. R.M.Koerner A.E.LordJr. W.Martin Mccabe and J.W.Curran．Acoustic Emission Behavour of Granular Solis．Journal of Geotechnical Engineering DivisionASCEVol.102.NO.GT71976.
6. R.M.Koerner A.E.LordJr．Acoustic Emission Monitoring of Earth Dam Stability．Water Power & Dam Construction 1976.
7. R.M.Koerner A.E.LordJr. W.Martin Mccabe. Acoustic Emission Behavour of Cohesive Solis. Journal of Geotechnical Engineering DivisionASCEVol.103.NO.GT81977.
8. R.M.Koerner J.S.Reif and M.J.Burlingame．Detection Methods for Location of Subsurface Water and Seepage．Journal of Geotechnical Engineering DivisionASCEVol.105.NO.GT111979.
9. R.M.Koerner W.M.Mccabe and Luis F.Baldivieso．Acoustic Emission Monitoring of seepage．Journal of Geotechnical Engineering Division Proceedings of the American Society of Civil Engineering Vol.107.NO.GT41981.
10. Koerner R.M. Mccabe W.M. and Lord A.E.．Acoustic Emission Behavour and Montoring of Soils．Acoustic Emission in Geotechnical Engineering Practice ASTM STP 750 V.P. Drntvich and R.E.Gray. Eds. American Society for Testing and Materials1981.
11. W.C.B.Villet J.K.Mitchell and P.T.Tringale．Acoustic Emissions Generated During the Qusai-static Cone Penetration of Soils．Acoustic Emissions in Geotechnical Engineering Practice ASTM STP750V.P.Drnevich and R.E.Gray EDs.．American Society for Testing and Materials1981.
12. K.Tanimoto and J.Nakamure. Studies of Acoustic Emission in soils. Acoustic Emissions in Geotechnical Engineering Practice ASTM STP750V.P.Drnevich and R.E.Gray EDs. American Society for Testing and Materials1981.
13. R.M.Koerner A.E.LordJr. and W.L.Deutsch．Determination of Prestress in Granular Soils Using AE．Jounrnal of Geotechnical Engineering Vol110NO.31984.
14. R.M.Koerner A.E.LordJr. and W.L.Deutsch．Determination of Prestress in Cohesive Soils Using AE．Jounrnal of Geotechnical Engineering Vol110NO.111984ASCE.
15. K.Tanimoto and J.Nakamure．Yielding of Soils as Determined by Acoustic Emission．Soils and Foundations Vol.26.NO.31986.
16. W.L.Deutsch R.M.Koerner A.E.LordJr.．Determination of Prestress of In-Situ Soils using Acoustic Emissions．Journal of Geotechnical Engineering DivisionASCEVol.115 NO.21988.
17. Xu Bingfeng Qian Jiahuan Zhu Zhangyaet.. LABORATORY STUDY ON ACOUST1(2 EM ISSION MONITORlNG OF SOIL FLOW Dam Observation and Geotechnical Tests Vol.19 NO.1 pp 32-361995.
18. The comprehensive scientific expedition of Chinese Academy of Sciences in Nansha Island Quaternary Coral Reef Geology of Yongshu Reef Nansha Island.Beijing: Science 1992.
19. Jia-ming Zhang Study on the fundamental mechanical characteristics of calcareous sand and the influence of particle breakage Wuhan: Wuhan Institute of Rock & Soil Mechanics Chinese Academy of Sciences P.R. China 2004.
20. ZHANG JiamingWANG Ren SHI Xiangfeng etc.. COMPRESSION AND CRUSHING BEHAVIoR oF CALCAREoUS SAND UNDER CoNFINED CoM PRESSION Chinese Journal of Rock Mechanics and Engineering Vol. 24 NO.18 pp.3327-3331 2005.
21. Jinping WuYao Zhu Zhigang Lou. Influence of Particle Breakage ON Deformation and Strength Properties of Calcareous Sands chinese Journal of Geotechnical Engineering Vol. 19 NO.5 pp. 49-551997.
22. Lv Haibo Wang Ren Kong Lingwei. PERLIMINARY MESOSCOPIC ANALYSIS ON FACTORS OF BREAKAGE CALCAREOUS SOIL Chinese Journal of Rock Mechanics and Engineering Vol. 20 NO.Suup. pp 890～9822001.
23. Haeeis D. Tetelman A. S. Darwish F.．Acoustic Emission Testing．ASTM Philadelphia SPT5051972.
24. LI Zaoding LIU Zhongmin ZHAO Yijun. Experimental Study on Ultrasonic attenuation in rock Journal of China Coal Society NO.1 pp 45-531987.
25. Cao Qinglin，Yu Kesheng，Sang Yufa. INTELLIGENT PREDICT10N 0F R0oF FALL BY AE TECHNIQUE. THE CHINESE JOURNAL OF NONFERROUS METALS; Vol. 6 NO.2 pp7-12 1996.