The main aim of the paper is to present the possibility of use of the multi-criteria optimization method Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP) to liquid cargo transportation by sea. Finding the optimal solution is not simple. There are many factors influencing the shipping process. In the case of liquid cargo, the most important thing is the safety of the crew, ship, and environment. Therefore, the Mathematical Theory of Evidence is introduced and used to determine the optimal path in terms of time and safety of transport. Moreover, the details of liquid cargo transport process are described with particular attention to ship to ship operations. Besides, the basic concept of the AHP method, steps of the algorithm are introduced. Finally, the multicriteria optimization of the transport of the liquid cargo from the Persian Gulf to Port of Gdansk is done. It is based on the experts′ opinions.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Bergel-Hayat R. Zukowska J.: Road Safety Trends at National Level in Europe: A Review of Time-series Analysis Performed during the Period 2000-12. Transport Reviews Vol. 35 Iss. 5 2015.
2. Bostrom H.: On evidential combination rules for ensemble classifiers. Presented at the 11th International Conference on Information Fusion 2008.
3. Burdziakowski P. Janowski A. Kholodkov A. Matysik K. Matysik M. Przyborski M. Szulwic J. Tysiąc P. Wojtowicz A.: Maritime laser scanning as the source for spatial data Polish Maritime Research. -Vol. 22 Iss. 4(88) (2015) pp.9-14.
4. Girtler J. Ślęzak M.: Four-state stochastic model of changes in the reliability states of a motor vehicle Eksploatacja i Niezawodność - Maintenance and Reliability. -Vol. 15 nr. 2 (2013) s.156-160
5. Guze S.: Graph Theory Approach to Transportation Systems Design and Optimization. TransNav the International Journal on Marine Navigation and Safety of Sea Transportation Vol. 8 No. 4 pp. 571-578 2014.
6. International Safety Guide for Oil Tankers and Terminals 5th Edition June 2006 London.
7. Jakubowski M.: Influence of pitting corrosion on fatigue and corrosion fatigue of ship and offshore structures. Part II: Load - pit crack interaction. Polish Maritime Research. -Vol. 22 nr. 3 (2015) s.57-66..
8. Janowski A. Jurkowska A. Lewczuk D. Szulwic J. Zaradny A.: Assessment of cliff stability after the demolition of the engineering facilities. 14th International Multidisciplinary Scientific Geoconference (SGEM): GEOCONFERENCE ON SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGIES IN GEOLOGY EXPLORATION AND MINING SGEM 2014 VOL II ISBN 978-619-7105-08-7 / ISSN 1314-2704 2014.
9. Kaliński K. J. Mazur M. Galewski M. A.: The Optimal Spindle Speed Map for Reduction of Chatter Vibration During Milling of Bow Thruster Blade. Solid State Phenomena 198 (2013) 686-691.
10. Kołowrocki K.: Reliability of Large and Complex Systems. Amsterdam Boston Heidelberd London New York Oxford Paris San Diego San Francisco Singapore Sidney Tokyo Elsevier 2014
11. Kołowrocki K. Soszyńska-Budny J.: Reliability and Safety of Complex Technical Systems and Processes: Modeling - Identification - Prediction - Optimization. London Dordrecht Heildeberg New York Springer 2011.
12. Kołowrocki K. Soszyńska-Budny J.: Reliability prediction and optmization of complex technical systems with application in port transport. Journal of Polish Safety and Reliability Association Summer Safety and Reliability Seminars Vol. 3 No 1-2 pp. 263-279 2013.
13. Kropiwnicki J. Kneba Z. Ziółkowski M.: Test for assessing the energy efficiency of vehicles with internal combustion engines. International Journal of Automotive Technology Vol. 14 nr 3 (2013) s. 479-487.
14. Mikielewicz J. Mikielewicz D.: A simple model of circular hydraulic pump. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer Vol. 52(1) 17-21 2008.
15. Neumann T.: The Shortest Path Problem with Uncertain Information in Transport Networks. In Challenge of Transport Telematics J. Mikulski Ed. Springer International Publishing 2016.
16. NeumannT.: Good choice of transit vessel route using Dempster-Shafer Theory. Presented at the 2015 International Siberian Conference on Control and Communications (SIBCON) Omsk 2015 pp. 1-4.
17. Neumann T.: Vessels Route Planning Problem with Uncertain Data. TransNav the International Journal on Marine Navigation and Safety of Sea Transportation vol. 10 no. 3 pp. 459-464 Sep. 2016.
18. Niklas K. Kozak J.: Experimental investigation of Steel- Concrete-Polymer composite barrier for the ship internal tank construction. OCEAN ENGINEERING. -Vol. 111 (2016) s.449-460;
20. Ship to Ship Transfer Guide for Petroleum Chemicals and Liquefied Gases November 2013 London
21. Skarzynski L. Kozicki J. Tejchman A.: Application of DIC technique to concrete - study on objectivity of measured surface displacements. EXPERIMENTAL MECHANICS. Vol. 53 iss. 9 (2013) pp.1545-1559.
22. Szłapczyńska J.: Review of the multi-criteria decision problems solving methods - application in navigational processes. Prace Wydziału Nawigacyjnego No 17 pp. 136 - 150 2005 (in Polish).
23. Szłapczyński R. Szłapczyńska J.: Customized crossover in evolutionary sets of safe ship trajectories. International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science. -Vol. 22 nr. No.4 (2012) s.999-1009
24. Wilczyński P.: STS Plan for m/t Icarus III. Course materials - PRS approved Gdynia 20 May 2014.