During the loading operation of a ship loader in bulk terminal, in order to bring bulk cargo, such as coal and ore, precisely into every corner of the cabin and not to raise dust at the same time, the slip barrel mechanism usually is placed fully inside the ship cabin near the cargo as close as possible. However, if too close, it will increase the risk of collision between slip barrel and cargo, which poses a security risk to loading operation.
This article proposes an anti-collision method for slip barrel in the process of automatic ship loading in bulk terminal. This method can accurately position the cargo of cabin which is blocked by slip barrel and shovel, and provide a reliable guarantee for the automatic loading operation. Firstly, this method use an array of laser radar mounted on the maintenance platforms to perceive the collision objects around the slip barrel, including the cargo and cabin. Meanwhile, it provides a compensation algorithm to reduce the effect of anti-collision recognition brought by dust and various obstacles during the operation. According to the calculated effective distance between the cargo and slip barrel, the automatic control system of ship loading can adjust the loading operation on a real-time basis. In the end, this article analyze and illustrate the reliability and validity of this method by the case of the application in automatic ship loading system in Tianjin coal terminal.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Nadilo Branko “BULK CARGO TERMINAL IN PLOCE PORT International cooperation on the project” GRADEVINAR Vol. 66 No. 10 pp. 953-964 (2014)
2. Bugaric U.; Petrovic D. “Increasing the capacity of terminal for bulk cargo unloading” SIMULATION MODELLING PRACTICE AND THEORY Vol. 15 No. 10 pp. 1366-1381 (2007)
3. Mi Chao Zhang Zhiwei He Xin Huang Youfang Mi Weijian. “Two-Stage Classification Approach for Human Detection in Camera Video Bulk Ports” Polish Maritime Research Vol. 22 No. 86 pp. 163-170 (2015).
4. Song Gyeeui “A Study on Improvement of Handling Dirty Bulk Cargo in Busan Port” JOURNAL OF KOREA PORT ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION Vol. 26 No. 3 pp.114-129 (2010)
5. Froyland Gary; Koch Thorsten; Megow Nicole; “Optimizing the landside operation of a container terminal” OR SPECTRUM Vol. 30 No. 1 pp. 53-75 (2008)
6. Mi Chao Zhang Zhiwei Huang Youfang Shen Yang “A FAST AUTOMATED VISION SYSTEM FOR CONTAINER CORNER CASTING RECOGNITION” Journal of Marine Science and Technology-Taiwan Vol. 24 No. 1 pp. 54-60 (2016)
7. Choe Ri; Kim Jeongmin; Ryu Kwang Rye “Online preference learning for adaptive dispatching of AGVs in an automated container terminal” APPLIED SOFT COMPUTING Vol. 38 pp. 647-660 (2016)
8. Mi Chao Huang Youfang Liu Haiwei Shen Yang Mi Weijian. “Study on Target Detection & Recognition Using Laser 3D Vision System for Automatic Ship Loader” Sensor & Transducers Vol. 158 No.11 pp. 436-442 (2013).
9. Zupancic Nina; Horvat Aleksander; Skobe Simona “Environmental impact of dusting from the Koper port bulk cargo terminal on the agricultural soils” ACTA GEOGRAPHICA SLOVENICA-GEOGRAFSKI ZBORNIK Vol. 55 No.1 pp. 140-158 (2015)
10. Mi Chao He Xin Liu Haiwei Huang Youfang Mi Weijian. “Research on a Fast Human-Detection Algorithm for Unmanned Surveillance Area in Bulk Ports” Mathematical Problems in Engineering (2014).
11. Liu Pengfei Lin Bin Zhang Xiaofeng “Safety and Stability Analysis of the Ship loader during Shipping” ADVANCES IN MATERIALS MANUFACTURING SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY XV Vol. 777 pp. 189-193 (2014)
12. Mi Chao Shen Yang Mi Weijian Huang Youfang. “Ship Identification Algorithm Based on 3D Point Cloud for Automated Ship Loaders” Journal of Coastal Research Vol. 73 pp. 28-34 (2015).
13. Gang Zhou. “Automobile Anti-collision Millimeter-Wave Radar Signal Processing” Intelligent Human-Machine Systems and Cybernetics (IHMSC) Vol. 2 pp. 484-486 (2015)
14. Frederic Maire. “Vision based anti-collision system for rail track maintenance vehicles” Advanced Video and Signal Based Surveillance pp. 170-175 (2007)
15. Mi Chao Liu Haiwei Huang Youfang Mi Weijian Shen Yang Fatigue alarm systems for port machine operators ASIA LIFE SCIENCES Vol. 25 No.1 pp. 31-41 (2016)
16. Mi Chao Liu Haiwei Zhao Ning Shen Yang. “A ship cargo hold inspection approach using laser vision systems” Telkomnika pp. 330-337 (2013).
17. Rodriguez-Cuenca Borja Garcia-Cortes Silverio Ordonez Celestino “An approach to detect and delineate street curbs from MLS 3D point cloud data” AUTOMATION IN CONSTRUCTION Vol. 51 pp. 103-112 (2015)
18. Diaz-Vilarino Lucia Conde Borja Lagueela Susana “Automatic Detection and Segmentation of Columns in As-Built Buildings from Point Clouds” REMOTE SENSING Vol.7 No. 11 pp. 15651-15667 (2015)
19. Tsz Ching Ng Gu Xianfeng Lui Lok Ming “Computing Extremal Teichmuller Map of Multiply-Connected Domains Via Beltrami Holomorphic Flow” JOURNAL OF SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING Vol. 60 No. 2 pp. 249-275 (2014)
20. Wei Xiangzhi Joneja Ajay “On computing the shortest path in a multiply-connected domain having curved boundaries” COMPUTER-AIDED DESIGN Vol. 48 pp. 39-41 (2014)
21. Paille Gilles-Philippe Poulin Pierre Levy Bruno “Fitting Polynomial Volumes to Surface Meshes with Voronoi Squared Distance Minimization” COMPUTER GRAPHICS FORUM Vol. 32 No. 5 pp. 103-112 (2013)
22. Luo Ding Kuang Cuifang Liu Xu “Fiber-based chromatic confocal microscope with Gaussian fitting method” OPTICS AND LASER TECHNOLOGY Vol. 44 No. 4 pp. 788-793 (2012)
23. Chan-Hon-Tong Adrien Achard Catherine Lucat Laurent “Simultaneous segmentation and classification of human actions in video streams using deeply optimized Hough transform” PATTERN RECOGNITION Vol. 47 No. 12 pp. 3807-3818 (2014)
24. Jiang Haibo; Tang Kai; He Xinlin “Experimental Studies on Reduction of Evaporation from Plain Reservoirs in Drought Areas by Benzene Board Covering Technology” JOURNAL OF COASTAL RESEARCH Vol. 73 pp. 177-182 (2015)
25. Lazarowska Agnieszka “Swarm Intelligence Approach to Safe Ship Control” POLISH MARITIME RESEARCH. Vol. 22 No. 4 pp. 34-40 (2015)