An approach to approximate equations of state for water and steam (IAPWS-95) for the calculation of three-dimensional flows of steam in turbomachinery in a range of operation of the present and future steam turbines is described. Test calculations of three-dimensional viscous flow in an LP steam turbine using various equations of state (perfect gas, Van der Waals equation, equation of state for water and steam IAPWS-95) are made. The comparison of numerical results with experimental data is also presented.
1. ANSYS Products, Terms & Conditions. ANSYS, Inc. All Rights Reserved, available on: http://www.ansys.com
2. Wróblewski W., Dykas S., Gepert A., 2009, Steam condensing flow modeling in turbine channels, Int. J. Multiphase Flow; Vol. 35(6), pp. 498-506.
3. Yershov S., Rusanov A., 1996, The Application Package FlowER for the Calculation of 3D Viscous Flows Through Multi-Stage Turbomachinery. Certificate of state registration of copyright No. 77, Ukrainian Agency for Copyright and Related Rights, 19.02.1996.
4. Nashchokin V., Semyonov S., 1980, Engineering Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer, Мoscow, High School.
5. IAPWS-95, Revised Release on the IAPWS Formulation 1995 for the Thermodynamic Properties of Ordinary Water Substance for General and Scientific Use, available on: http://www.iapws.org
6. IAPWS-IF97, Revised Release on the IAPWS Formulation 1997 for the Thermodynamic Properties of Water and Steam, available on: http://www.iapws.org
7. Yershov S., Rusanov A., 2002, Numerical simulation of three-dimensional viscous flows in turbomachines for imperfect gas, Part 1. Problem Statement. Probl. Engineering, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 18-25.
8. Menter F., 1994, Two-equation eddy viscosity turbulence models for engineering applications. AIAA J., Vol. 32, No
11., pp. 1299-1310.
9. Yershov S., 1994, Quasi ENO scheme of high accuracy for Euler and Navier+Stokes equations, Math. Modeling, Vol. 6, No. 11, p. 58-64.
10. Sommerfeld A., 1964, Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics (Lectures on Theoretical Physics), Academic Press.
11. Godunov S. Zabrodin A., Ivanov M., 1976, Numerical solution of multidimensional problems of gas dynamics, Moscow, Nauka.
12. Rusanov A., Yershov S., 2008, Mathematical modeling of unsteady gas-dynamic processes in flow-through parts of turbomachinery, Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems, Kharkiv.
13. Marcinkowski S., Gardzilewicz A., Gluch J., 1999, Results of extended flow measurements in the LP part of 18K370 steam turbine, Rep. Diagnostyka Maszyn, Gdańsk, No. 11/99.
14. Lampart P., Rusanov A., Yershov S., Marcinkowski S., Gardzilewicz A., 2005, Validation of 3D RANS Solver With a State Equation of Thermally Perfect and Calorically Imperfect Gas on a Multi-Stage Low-Pressure Steam Turbine Flow, Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 127, pp. 83 - 93.