Structure characteristics of rock and orebody in deep borehole are obtained by borehole camera technology. By investigating on the joints and fissures in Shapinggou molybdenum mine, the dominant orientation of joint fissure in surrounding rock and orebody were statistically analyzed. Applying the theory of metallogeny and geostatistics, the relationship between joint fissure and lode’s extension direction is explored. The results indicate that joints in the orebody of ZK61borehole have only one dominant orientation SE126° ∠68°, however, the dominant orientations of joints in surrounding rock were SE118° ∠73°, SW225° ∠70° and SE122° ∠65°, NE79° ∠63°. Then a preliminary conclusion showed that the lode’s extension direction is specific and it is influenced by joints of surrounding rock. Results of other boreholes are generally agree well with the ZK61, suggesting the analysis reliably reflects the lode’s extension properties and the conclusion presents important references for deep ore prospecting.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. CHEN Jian-ping SHI Bing-feng WANG Qing. Study of the dominant orientations of random fractures of fractured rock masses[J]. Chinese Journal of Rock Mechanics and Engineering 2005 24(12): 241-245.
2. JIANG Jian-ping ZHANG Yang-song LUO Guo-yu et al. The application of preferred plane theory to geotechnical engineering practice [J]. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering. 2001 16(8): 90-96.
3. John Kemeny Randy Post. Estimating three-dimensional rock discontinuity orientation from digital images of fracture traces [J]. Computers & Geosciences 2003 9: 65-77.
4. PRENSKY S E. Advances in borehole imaging technology and application[C]//Borehole Imaging: Applications and Case Histories. London: Geological Society 1999: 1-43.
5. WANG Chuan-ying LAW KTIM. Review of borehole camera technology[J]. Chinese Journal of Rock Mechanics and Engineering 2005 24(19): 3440-3448. TR-07-56 Vicksburg Mississippi: US Army Engineer Research and Development Center 168p.
6. WANG Chuan-ying ZHONG Sheng SUN Wei-chun. Study of connectivity of discontinuities of borehole based on digital borehole images[J]. Chinese Journal of Rock Mechanics and Engineering 2009 28(12): 2405-2410.
7. WANG Chuan-ying GE Xiu-run BAI Shi-wei. The digital panoramic borehole camera system and its application[J]. Rock and Soil Mechanics 2001 22(4): 523-526.
8. WANG Jin-liang LI Jun-ping LI Yong-feng et al. The current research situation and suggestions of deep exploration for crisis mines[J]. Conservation and Utilization of Mineral Resources 2010 4(2): 45-49.
9. ZHANG Shou-ting; ZHAO Peng-da; CHEN Jian-ping et al. Multitarget minerals prediction and assessment and their significance[J]. Joural of Chengdu University of Technology 2003 30(5): 441-446.
10. ZHANG Huai-dong SHI Dong-fang Hao Yue-jin et al. Geological features of the Shapinggou porphyry molybdenum ore deposit Jinzhai country Anhui province [J]. Geology of Anhui 2010 20(2): 104-108.
11. Zhao Peng-da. Quantitative mineral prediction and deep mineral exploration[J]. Earth Science Frontiers 2007 14(5): 1-10.