The stayed cables are key stress components of large offshore bridge. The fault detection of stayed cable is very important for safe of large offshore bridge. A particle filter model and algorithm of nonlinear vibration signal are used in this paper. Firstly, the particle filter model of stayed cable of large offshore bridge is created. Nonlinear dynamic model of the stayed-cable and beam coupling system is dispersed in temporal dimension by using the finite difference method. The discrete nonlinear vibration equations of any cable element are worked out. Secondly, a state equation of particle filter is fitted by least square algorithm from the discrete nonlinear vibration equations. So the particle filter algorithm can use the accurate state equations. Finally, the particle filter algorithm is used to filter the vibration signal of bridge stayed cable. According to the particle filter, the de-noised vibration signal can be tracked and be predicted for a short time accurately. Many experiments are done at some actual bridges. The simulation experiments and the actual experiments on the bridge stayed cables are all indicating that the particle filter algorithm in this paper has good performance and works stably.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Chen Shuisheng Sun Bingnan “Numerical Study on Nonlinear Parametric Vibration of Coupled Cables and Bird Gedecks” Chinese Journal of Civil Engineering Vol.36 No.4 pp.70-75 2003.
2. Gattulli V Morandini M Paolone A “Parametric Analytical Model for Non-Linear Dynamics in Cable- Stayed Beam” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamic Vol.31 pp.1281-1300 2002.
3.  Guillaume Thirel Peter Salamon Peter Burek and Milan Kalas. Assimilation of MODIS Snow Cover Area Data in a Distributed Hydrological Model Using the Particle Filter. Remote Sensing Vol.5 No.11 pp.5825-5850 2013.
4. Han Gao and Jingwen Li . “Detection and Tracking of a Moving Target Using SAR Images with the Particle Filter- Based Track-Before-Detect Algorithm”. Sensors Vol.14 No.6 pp. 10829-10845 2014.
5. Hong weiming Gao lili “Vibration Analysis of Nonlinear Coupling System of cable-stayed beam” Journal of Vibration Engineering Vol.21 No.2 pp.115-119 2008.
6. K.B.Waghulde Dr. Bimlesh Kumar “Vibration Analysis of Cantilever Smart Structure by using Piezoelectric Smart Material” International Journal on Smart Sensing and Intelligent Systems Vol.4 No.3 pp.354-375 2011.
7. Matsumoto M Shiraishi N Shirato H “Rain-Wind Induced Vibration of Cables of Cable-Stayed Bridge”. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics Vol.41 pp.2011-2022 1992.
8. Olivier Brun Vincent Teuliere Jean-Marie Garcia “Parallel Particle Filtering” Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing Vol.62 pp.1186-1202 2002.
9. Tagata G. Harmonically Forced “Finite Amplitude Vibration of a String” Journal of Sound and Vibration Vol.51 No.4 pp.483-492 1977.
10. Wang Zhigang Sun Bingnan “Parametric Vibration of Cable-Stayed Bridge” Chinese Journal of Civil Engineering Vol.35 No.5 pp.28-33 2002.
11. Ye Qingwei Wang Tongqing “Optimization modal analysis with PSO based on spectrum segmentation” Chinese Journal of Scientific Instrument Vol.20 No.8 pp.1584-1590 2009.
12. Zhao Yueyu Lv Jiangen “Non-linear Parametric Vibration of Cables in Cable-arch Composite Structures” Chinese Journal of Civil Engineering Vol.39 No.12 pp.67-77