Intensive development of infrastructure for fast processing of outsized amount of space-borne data enables now to use the satellite data for operational controlling the state of its environment. In our presentation we show some examples of analysis of processes in marine environment which are possible due to satellite data and algorithms of its processing developed in SatBaltic Project. It concerns supporting of modelling of solar energy inflow to the sea with space-borne input data, identification and analysis of sea ice cover, supporting of oil spill detection, and identification of phenomena which modify spatial distribution of the sea surface temperature.
1. S.A. Ackerman, K.I. Strabala, W.P. Menzel, R.A. Frey, C.C. Moeller, L.E. Gumley, Discriminating clear sky from clouds with MODIS, J. Geophys. Res., 103, D24, (1998),32,141-32,157.
2. European autonomy in space, C. Al-Ekabi (ed.), Springer International Publishing, (2015), 198.
3. J. Fabisiak: Ecological risks associated with chemical pollution of the Baltic Sea - hydrocarbons, (in Polish), Zeszyty Naukowe Marynarki Wojennej, XLIX, 3 (174), (2008), 7-24.
4. M. Konik, K. Bradtke: Characteristics of the oil spills detected in the Baltic Sea area in ENVISAT ASAR Images, Earth observation for ocean-atmosphere interactions science, Conference, 28-31.10.(2014), Frascati (Italy).
5. A. Krężel, K. Bradtke: Estimation of solar energy influx to the sea in the light of fast satellite technique development, in Rugescu Radu ed., Solar Power, Rijeka, InTech, (2012), ch. 10, pp. 171-192.
6. A. Krężel, Ł. Kozłowski, M. Paszkuta: A simple model of light transmission through the atmosphere over the Baltic Sea utilising satellite data, Oceanologia, 50 (2), (2008), 125-146.
7. A. Mazur, A. Krężel: Object-based classification of Baltic Sea ice extent and concentration in winter, J. Earth Sci. Engng, 2, (2011), 488-495.
8. K. Myrberg, O. Andrejev, Main upwelling regions in the Baltic Sea - a statistical analysis based on threedimensional modelling, Boreal Environment Research, 8, (2003), 97-112.
9. L.L. Stowe., A.M. Ignatov, R.R. Singh: Development, validation, and potential enhancements to the secondgeneration operational aerosol product at the National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, J. Geophys. Res., 102, D14, (1997), 16923-16934.
10. M.J. Uddstrom, W.R. Gray, Satellite cloud classification and rain-rate estimation using multispectral radiances and measures of spatial texture. J. Appl. Met., 35: (1996), 839-858.
11. B. Woźniak, K. Bradtke, M. Darecki, J. Dera, J. Dudzińska-Nowak, L. Dzierzbicka-Głowacka, D. Ficek, K. Furmańczyk, M. Kowalewski, A. Krężel, R. Majchrowski, M. Ostrowska, M. Paszkuta, J. Stoń-Egiert, M. Stramska, T. Zapadka: SatBałtyk - A Baltic environmental satellite remote sensing system - an ongoing project in Poland. Part 1: Assumptions, scope and operating range, Oceanologia, 53 (4), (2011), 897-924.