Since 2014, there have been admission tests in mathematics for applicants to the Estonian University of Life Sciences for Geodesy, Land Management and Real Estate Planning; Civil Engineering; Hydraulic Engineering and Water Pollution Control; Engineering and Technetronics curricula. According to admission criteria, the test must be taken by students who have not passed the specific mathematics course state exam or when the score was less than 20 points. The admission test may also be taken by those who wish to improve their state exam score. In 2016, there were 126 such applicants of whom 63 took the test. In 2015, the numbers were 129 and 89 and in 2014 150 and 47 accordingly. The test was scored on scale of 100. The arithmetic average of the score was 30.6 points in 2016, 29.03 in 2015 and 18.84 in 2014. The test was considered to be passed with 1 point in 2014 and 20 points in 2015 and 2016. We analyzed test results and gave examples of problems which were solved exceptionally well or not at all.
1. Kaljas, T. (2006). State examinations of mathematics at Estonian schools. In Teching Mathematics. Retrospective and Perspectives. 12-13 May 2006 (pp. 24). Tartu, Estonia: University of Tartu.
2. Lepmann, L., Lepmann, T., & Afanasjev, J. (2009). Mathematics education in Estonia at the beginning of the 21 century. In Teching Mathematics. Retrospective and Perspectives, 14-16 May 2009 (pp. 22-23). Tallinn, Estonia: Tallinn University.
3. Madison, B. L., Linde, C. S., Decker, B.R., Rigsby, E.M., Dingman, S.W., & Stegman, C.E. (2015). A Study of Placement and Grade Prediction in First College Mathematics Courses, PRIMUS, 25(2), 131-157. DOI:10.1080/10511970.2014.921653.
5. Vabariigi Valitsuse „Gümnaasiumi riiklik õppekava” lisa 3. Ainevaldkond „Matemaatika”. (National curriculum for upper secondary schools Appendix 3. Mathematics). (2011). Basic Schools and Upper Secondary Schools Act. Estonian Government Regulation. Retrieved September 29, 2016, from https://www.riigiteataja.ee/tolkelisa/5240/9201/4009/VV2_lisa3.pdf#. (in Estonian).
6. Rimkuviene, D., & Kaminskiene, J. (2012). The analysis of mathematics testing results at the faculty of Economics and Management. In Improving the teaching and learning of mathematics and informatics, 23-25 January 2012 (pp. 59-61). Kaunas, Lithuania: Aleksandro Stulginskio Universitetas.
7. Tallinn University of Technology. (2016). Vastuvõtutingimused. (Entry requirements). Retrieved September 29, 2016, from https://www.ttu.ee/?id=107561#. (in Estonian).
8. Zwick, R. (2010). Admissions Testing, International Encyclopedia of Education, 4(3), 7-14.