Micro-encapsulated strawberry fragrance was successfully prepared with wall materials including maltodextrin, sodium octenylsuccinate and gum Arabic. The micro-capsule was added to wallpaper and aromatic wallpaper with strawberry characteristics was obtained. The particle distribution, surface morphology, chemical structure, thermal property and controlled release performance of micro-encapsulated fragrance and aromatic wallpaper were investigated using laser particle size analyzer, scanning electron microscopy (SEM), Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-TR), thermal gravity analysis (TGA) and chromatography-mass spectrometer (GC-MS). The results showed that the average diameter of micro-capsule was 2 μm and the particles mainly distributed in the tissues of wallpaper. The result of TGA showed that the micro-capsule had a good stability. Meanwhile, the aromatic wallpaper had strawberry aroma more than 3 months and took on excellent controlled release performance.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Xiao Z. Liu W. Zhu G. Zhou R. & Niu Y. (2014). A review of the preparation and application of fl avour and essential oils microcapsules based on complex coacervation technology. J. Sci. Food Agric. 94 1482-1494. DOI: 10.1002/ jsfa.6491.
2. Behzadnasab M. Esfandeh M. Mirabedini S.M. Zohuriaan-Mehr M.J. & Farnood R.R. (2014). Preparation and characterization of linseed oil-fi lled urea-formaldehyde microcapsules and their effect on mechanical properties of an epoxy-based coating. Colloid. Surf. A 457 16-26. DOI: 10.1016/j.colsurfa.2014.05.033.
3. Mirabedini S.M. Dutil I. & Farnood R.R. (2012). Preparation and characterization of ethyl cellulose-based core-shell microcapsules containing plant oils. Colloid. Surf. A 394 74-84. DOI: 10.1016/j.colsurfa.2011.11.028.
4. Xiao Z. Wang E. Zhu G. Zhou R. & Niu Y. (2016). Preparation characterization and rheological behavior of chitosan nanocapsule emulsion encapsulated tuberose fragrance. Pol. J. Chem. Technol. 18 1-8. DOI: 10.1515/pjct-2016-0021.
5. Carvalho I.T. Estevinho B.N. & Santos L. (2016). Application of microencapsulated essential oils in cosmetic and personal healthcare products-a review. Int. J. Cosmetic Sci. 38 109-119. DOI: 10.1111/ics.12232.
6. Nelson G. (2001). Microencapsulation in textile finishing. Rev. Prog. Color. 31 57-64. DOI: 10.1111/j.1478-4408.2001. tb00138.x.
7. Han L.L. Hou Z.Q. Wen J. Wu Y.M. Qian Y.Y. & Gong S.L. (2016). Preparation and evaluation of high-loaded perilla seed oil by microencapsulation with different wall materials. Sci. Tech. Food Ind. 37(8) 167-170. DOI: 10.13386/j. issn1002-0306.2016.08.026
8. Chen H.M. Wei O.Y. Lawuyi B.S. Martoni C. & Prakash S. (2005). Reaction of chitosan with genipin and its fl uorogenic attributes for potential microcapsule membrane characterization J. Biomed. Mater. Res. 75 917-927. DOI: 10.1002/jbm.a.30492.
9. Syah I.T. Darmadji P. & Pranoto Y. (2015). Microencapsulation of refi ned liquid smoke using maltodextrin produced from broken rice starch. J. Food Process. Pre. 40(3) 437-446. DOI: 10.1111/jfpp.12621.
10. Ziar H. Gérard P. & Riazi A. (2012). Calcium alginate- resistant starch mixed gel improved the survival of Bifi dobacterium animalis subsp. lactis Bb12 and Lactobacillus rhamnosus LBRE-LSAS in yogurt and simulated gastrointestinal conditions. Int. J. Food Sci. Tech. 47 1421-1429. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2621.2012.02989.x.
11. Kim S. Jo A. & Ahn J. (2010). Application of chitosan- alginate microspheres for the sustained release of bacteriophage in simulated gastrointestinal conditions. Int. J. Food Sci. Tech. 50 913-918. DOI: 10.1111/ijfs.12736.
12. Ma Y. Zhang Y. Zhao S. Wang Y. Wang S. Zhou Y. Li N Xie H. Yu W. Liu Y. Wang W. & Ma X. (2012). Modeling and optimization of membrane preparation conditions of the alginate-based microcapsules with response surface methodology. J. Biomed. Mater. Res. 100A 989-998. DOI: 10.1002/jbm.a.34032.
13. Lee B.B. Ravindra P. & Chan E.S. (2013). Size and shape of calcium alginate beads produced by extrusion dripping. Chem. Eng. Technol. 36 1627-1642. DOI: 10.1002/ ceat.201300230.
14. Zhao H.M. Chen X. & Wu J. (2001). The preparation properties and using of starch sodium alkenylsuccinate. Cereal Food Ind. 1 23-27. DOI: 10.3969/j.issn.1672-5026.2002.01.008.
15. Hu L. (2010). Study on the mciroencapsulation of fi sh oil using Chitosan/ Gum acacia complex coacervation method. Master dissertation Ocean University of China Shangdong China.
16. Ge X. Fei X. Q. Chen Y. Luo F. & Wang Y.P. (2013). Properties of oil-tea camellia seed oil microcapsule with different wall materials. China Oil. Fat. 38 26-29. DOI: 10.3969/j.issn.1003-7969.2013.02.007.
17. Wang L. (2008). Study on aroma microcapsule effect in textile fi nishing. Master dissertation Qiangdao University Shandong China.
18. Sánchez-Navarro M.M. Pérez-Limiñana M.Á. Arán-Ais F. & Orgilés-Barceló C. (2015). Scent properties by natural fragrance microencapsulation for footwear applications. Polym. Int. 64 1448-1464. DOI: 10.1002/pi.4941.
19. Dong H. & Chen B. (2008). Studies on effects of high-pressure homogenization on stability of microencapsulated lipid lotion. Beverage Ind. 11(7) 17-21. DOI: 10.3969/j. issn.1007-7871.2008.07.006.
20. Zhang J. Zhang W. Wei F. Zhang F. & Wang S. (2012). Preparation and characterization of conjugated linolec acids encapsulated into compound encapsulant materials. J. Chinese Oil. Assoc. 27(1) 70-74. DOI: 10.3969/j.issn.1003-0174.2012.01.016.
21. Chen Y. (2013). Preparation of sandalwood microcapsule and its application to aroma xuan paper. Master dissertation Shanghai Institute of Technology Shanghai China.
22. Lu J. (2013). Study on stability and rheological properties of oil in water emulsions prepared by food grade pure gum. Master dissertation Zhejiang Gongshang University Zhejinag China.
23. Liu Z. Tan Z. & Huang H. (2016). Preparation and characterization of cellulose hydrogels from tea shoots of different maturity levels. Mod. Food Sci. Tech. 32(4) 166-170. DOI: 10.13982/j.mfst.1673-9078.2016.4.027.
24. Wang M. (2013). Study on qualitative and quantitative method of blended fi ber in infrared spectrum Master dissertation Zhejiang Sci-Tech University Zhejiang China.
25. Sui X. Li C. Xia X. Zhou R. Wang Y. & Feng Y. (2016). Photocatalytic degradation property of hemicellulose/ TiO2 composite gel. CIESC J. 67(5) 2070-2077. DOI: 10.11949/j.issn.0438-1157.20151542.
26. Liu C. Chen K. Ji L. & Zhu J. (2015). Preparat ion of epoxy resin coated ammonium polyphosphate microcapsules and their fl ame retardant effects on polypropylene. Acta Mat. Composit. Sin. 32(3) 728-736. DOI: 10.13801/j.cnki. fhclxb.201503.007.
27. Miao H. (2012). Flavor microcapsules: Preparation and application in decorative paper. Master dissertation Tian University of Science and Technology Tianjin China.