This work is a preliminary pilot research aiming at defining the role of the Piechcin Diving Centre in the development of specialised tourism. Particular attention was paid to the various elements defining the quality of the services offered. The key aspects and reasons for which respondents visit the centre were also determined. Both the customer’s expectations of the organiser of this form of recreation were analysed, and research was made to help understand whether the time the customers spends at the centre facilitates a positive decision regarding the participation in diving trips in larger bodies of water, with particular consideration of the Baltic Sea. Different forms of cooperation between the centre and regional authorities in terms of promoting the region were also reviewed.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Mokras-Grabowska J: The variety of theoretical methods and approaches to active tourism; (ed.) B. Włodarczyk Research on tourism. One goal different approaches; Warsztaty z Geografii Turyzmu vol. 6 2015 pp. 117-129 ISBN 978-83-7968-831-8;
3. Majgier L. Badera J. Rahmonov O: Quarries in the Silesia Voivodeship as touristic-recreational facilities in industrial areas; Reacreational landscapes-shaping use transformation. Problemy Ekologii Krajobrazu vol. XXVII 2010 pp. 267-275 ISSN 1899-3850;
4. Nita J: Quarries in landscape and geotourism; Dissertations of the Cultural Landscape Commission No. 14 Komisja Krajobrazu Kulturowego PTG Sosnowiec 2010 pp. 243-251 ISSN 2391-5293;
5. Wiesner W: Multi-agent responsibility for a tragic accident in water; Polish Hyperbaric Research 3(60) 2017 pp. 65-75 ISSN 1734-7009;
6. Zawadzki D: The use of flooded quarries and pit lakes in skilled tourism-recreational diving; Recent problems of geography Selected problems of geography of tourism Wydawnictwo Naukowe Uniwersytetu Szczecińskiego 2013 pp. 255-267.
7. Bąbalska A. Musielińska R. Śliwińska-Wyrzychowska A. Bogdanowicz M. Witkowska E: The educational role of former „Lipówka” quarry in Rudniki near Częstochowa; Dissertations of the Cultural Landscape Commision No. 26 2014 pp. 57-56;
8. Górecki J. Sermet E: Quarries of Krakow - an underestimated heritage; Dzieje górnictwa-element europejskiego dziedzictwa kultury 3 (ed.P.P. Zagwożdżon and M.Madziarz) 2010 pp. 123-138;
9. Kisiel M: Diving as a form of active tourism and its effect on natural environment; Wczoraj dziś i jutro turystyki aktywnej i specjalistycznej 2015 pp. 103-115 ISBN 978-83-7005-586-8.