In this report a case of aortopulmonary window (APW) diagnosed at 26 hbd is presented. APW supported the pulmonary circulation in neonate afflicted with pulmonary stenosis. To our knowledge, this is the first report in the literature referring to observing their coincidence in fetal life.
1. Sharland G. 2013. Fetal cardiology simplified. A practical manual. Malta: Gutenberg Press Ltd
2. Kuehn A, R Oberhoffer, M Vogt, R Lange, J Hess. 2004. “Aortopulmonary window with ventricular septal defect and pulmonary atresia: prenatal diagnosis and successful early surgical correction”. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 24:793-796
3. Respondek-Liberska M, M Grądecka, E Czichos. 2004. “Significant Fetal Pulmonary Regurgitation as a Possible Prenatal Sign of Aorto-Pulmonary Window in the Fetus with Intrauterine Growth Retardation”. Fetal Diagnosis and Therapy 19:72-74
4. Respondek-Liberska M. 2006. Prenatal cardiology for obstetricians and pediatric cardiologists. Lublin
5. Alvarez R, L Garcia-Diaz, F Coserria, R Hosseinpour , G Antinolo. 2011. “Aortopulmonary Window with Atrial Septal Defect: Prenatal Diagnosis, Management and Outcome”. Fetal Diagn Ther 30:306-308
6. Collinet P, C Chatelet-Cheront, D Houze do l’Aulnoit. 2002. “Prenatal Diagnosis of an Aorto-Pulmonary Window by Fetal Echocardiography”. Fetal Diagn Ther 17:302-307
7. Aslan H, A Corbacioglu, G Yildirim, Y Ceylan. 2012. “Prenatal Diagnosis of aortopulmonary window”. Journal of Clinical Ultrasound 40 (9):598-599
8. Valsangiacomo ER, JS Smallhorn. 2002. “Prenatal Diagnosis of Aortopulmonary Window by Fetal Echocardiography”. Circulation 105 (24):192
9. Shore DF, SY Ho, RH Anderson, M de Leval, C Lincoln. 1983. “Aortopulmonary septal defect coexisting with ventricular septal defect and pulmonary atresia’. Ann Thorac Surg 35(2):132-137
10. Marwah A, R Soto, DJ Penny. 2003. “Critical pulmonary stenosis with an aortopulmonary window”. Cardiol Young 13(5):484-485
11. Koestenberger M, B Nagel, G Cvirn, A Beitzke. “Aortopulmonary window, critical pulmonary stenosis, and hypoplastic right ventricle. Clin Res Cardiol 97:467-469.