The paper presents results of microstructure and magnetic properties studies of Nd8.5Tb1.5Fe83Zr1B6 ribbons obtained by melt-spinning technique. The samples were produced using the rapid cooling of liquid alloy on the copper wheel, by applying three different linear velocities 20, 30, and 35 m/s. The microstructure of obtained ribbons was examined using X-ray diffractometry and Mössbauer spectroscopy. Magnetic measurements were performed using LakeShore vibrating sample magnetometer. The microstructure measurements were used for quantitative and qualitative analysis of phase composition. Basing on results of structure studies combined with magnetic measurements, the influence of phase composition on hysteresis loop behavior was described.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Kronmuller H. Fischer R. Bachmann M. & Leineweber T. (1999). Magnetization processes in small particles and nanocrystalline materials. J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 203 12–17. DOI:10.1016/S0304-8853(99)00184-5.
2. Hono K. & Sepehri-Amin H. (2012). Strategy for high-coercivity Nd-Fe-B magnets. Scr. Mater.67 530–535. DOI:10.1016/j.scriptamat.2012.06.038.
3. Dospial M. Plusa D. & Slusarek B. (2012). Study of the magnetic interaction in nanocrystalline Pr-Fe-Co-Nb-B permanent magnets. J. Magn. Magn. Mater.324 843–848. DOI:10.1016/j.jmmm.2011.09.029.
4. Kronmuller H. & Bachmann M. (2001). Magnetization processes in nanocrystalline assemblies of particles. Physica B306 96–101. DOI:10.1016/S0921-4526(01)00985-1.
5. Liu J. Sepehri-Amina H. Ohkuboa T. Hioki K. Hattori A. Schrefl T. & Hono K. (2013). Effect of Nd content on the microstructure and coercivity of hot-deformed Nd-Fe-B permanent magnets. Acta Mater.61 5387–5399. DOI:10.1016/j.actamat.2013.05.027.
6. Ceglarek A. Płusa D. Dośpiał M. Nabiałek M. & Wieczorek P. (2013). Magnetic properties and surface domain structure of (Nd0.85Dy0.15)10Fe83Zr1B6 thin ribbons. Opt. Appl. 43 117–122. DOI: 10.5277/oa130115.
7. Hu Z. H. Lian F. Z. Zhu M. G. & Li W. (2008). Effect of Tb on the intrinsic coercivity and impact toughness of sintered Nd-Dy-Fe-B magnets. J. Magn. Magn. Mater.320 1735–1738. DOI:10.1016/j.jmmm.2008.01.027.
8. Pinkerton F. E. (1986). High coercivity in melt-spun Dy-Fe-B and Tb-Fe-B alloys. J. Magn. Magn. Mater.54/57 579–582. DOI:10.1016/0304-8853(86)90716-X.
9. Panda A. K. Basu S. & Mitra A. (2003). Demagnetisation effect and its correction on the measurement of magnetic hysteresis loop of melt-spun ribbons. J. Magn. Magn. Mater.261 190–195. DOI:10.1016/S0304-8853(02)01472-5.
10. Ciurzynska W. H. Varga L. K. Olszewski J. Zbroszczyk J. & Hasiak M. (2000). Mössbauer studies and some magnetic properties of amorphous and nanocrystalline Fe87−xZr7B6Cux alloys. J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 208 61–68. DOI:10.1016/S0304-8853(99)00569-7.
11. Dospial M. & Plusa D. (2013). Magnetization reversal processes in bonded magnets made from a mixture of Nd-(FeCo)-B and strontium ferrite powders. J. Magn. Magn. Mater.330 152–158. DOI:10.1016/j.jmmm.2012.10.022.
12. Plusa D. Slusarek B. Dospial M. Kotlarczyk U. & Mydlarz T. (2006). Magnetic properties of anisotropic Nd-Fe-B resin bonded magnets. J. Alloy. Compd.423 81–83. DOI:10.1016/j.jallcom.2005.12.051.
13. Plusa D. Dospial M. Slusarek B. & Kotlarczyk U. (2006). Magnetization reversal mechanisms in hybrid resin-bonded Nd-Fe-B. J. Magn. Magn. Mater.306 302–308. DOI:10.1016/j.jmmm.2006.03.032.
14. Martínez-García J. C. García J. A. & Rivas M. (2008). Asymmetric magnetization reversal of partially devitrified Co66Si15B14Fe4Ni1. J. Non-Cryst. Solids354 5123–5125. DOI:10.1016/j.jnoncrysol.2008.05.059.