The aim of this paper is to analyze the use of payment cards in retail in the Czech Republic from the side of clients (buyers) and the side of sellers. Questionnaires for clients examine satisfaction with cards and the service connected with them. Sellers’ satisfaction with the profit and function of cards is analyzed. The data indicated that 92% of the 352 respondents in South Bohemia had a payment card and more than 35% had more than one card. In retail, 70% of sellers had a payment terminal.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Akin G. G. Aysan A. F. Ozcelik S. & Yildiran L. (2013). Credit card satisfaction and financial literacy: Evidence from an emerging market economy. Retrieved from http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?vid=4&sid=b6ae5c3c-7561-4a18-8806-c5b76eea1abf%40sessionmgr111&hid=125
2. Baxley D. & Hergenroeder G. (2012). Global trends in retail payments. Retrieved from http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?vid=5&sid=0b353bcc-f5e1-4150-b00f-8e8c276104fc%40sessionmgr198&hid=112
3. ECB. (2013). Statistical data. Retrieved from http://sdw.ecb.europa.eu/browse.do?node=3447413
4. EU. (2015). Survey on merchants' costs of processing cash and card payments. Retrieved from http://ec.europa.eu/competition/sectors/financial_services/deloitte_payment_acceptance_survey_en.pdf
5. Juřík P. (2001). Svět platebních a identifikačních karet. Praha: Grada Publishing
6. Kuman V. T. & Tanu M. (2013). Demographic differences and shopping behavior of Indian middle income group users with debit cards: An empirical analysis. Retrieved from http://ehis.ebscohost.com/eds/detail?vid=3&sid=41b03a7b-a2a7-49c1-8264-f74b47c4dd43%-40sessionmgr111&hid=106&bdata=Jmxhbmc9Y3Mmc2l0ZT1lZHMtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#db=bth&AN=88905859
7. Mincher B. (2007). The secrets of money. Colorado CO: BraunMedia LLC.
8. Polouček S. a kol. (2006). Bankovnictví. Praha: C. H. Beck.
9. Ryan S. J. (2012). Personal financial literacy. Mason South-Western.
10. Soll J. B. Keeney R. L. & Larrick R. P. (2013). Consumer misunderstanding of credit card use payments and debt: Causes and solutions. Retrieved from http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?vid=4&sid=0b353bcc-f5e1-4150-b00f-8e8c276104fc%-40sessionmgr198&hid=112
11. The Association of Payments Cards in the Czech Republic. (2016). BCA Statistical data. Retrieved from http://statistiky.cardzone.cz/download/sbk_statistika_2016.pdf
12. Wright J. (2012). Why payment card fees are biased against retailers. Retrieved from http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?vid=5&sid=0b353bcc-f5e1-4150-b00f-8e8c276104fc%40sessionmgr198&hid=112