This paper discussed the significance of well-being (WB) and well-being management (WBM). As successful WBM requires the implementation of different training programs, such programs are presented in detail. The cause–effect relationship between training and individual/organizational performance is researched as well. The aim of the research to support this article was to present WBM, its training programs, as well as the determination of WBM activities concerning the mentioned programs implemented in Slovenian organizations.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Andre R. (2008). Organizational behavior. New York: Pearson Education.
2. Bakker A. B. & Schaufeli W. B. (2008). Positive organizational behavior: Engaged employees in flourishing organizations. Journal of Organizational Behavior29 147–154. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/job.515
3. Beardwell J. & Claydon T. (2007). Human resource management. Harlow: Prentice Hall.
4. Becker B. & Gerhart B. (1996). The impact of human resource management on organizational performance: Progress and prospects. Academy of Management Journal 39(4) 779–801. http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/256712
5. Čertalič V. (1998). Joga uma in telesa (Yoga of mind and body). Ljubljana: Mladinska knjiga.
6. Davis M. McKay M. & Robbins Eshelman E. (2000). The relaxation and stress reduction workbook. Oakland CA: New Harbinger Publications Inc.
7. Delaney J. T. & Huselid M. A. (1996). The impact of human resource management practices on perceptions of organizational performance. Academy of Management Journal 39(4) 949–969. http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/256718
8. Goleman D. (2001). Čustvena inteligenca na delovnem mestu (The emotionally intelligent workplace). Ljubljana: Mladinska knjiga.
9. Gomez-Meija L. R. Balkin D. B. & Cardy R. L. (2007). Managing human resources. New York: Pearson.
10. Greenberg J. & Baron R.A. (2000). Behavior in organizations. New Jersey: Prentice Hall International.
11. Harter J. K. Schmidt F. L. & Keyes C. L. M. (2003). Well-being in the workplace and its relationship to business outcomes: A review of the Gallup studies. In C. L. M. Keyes & J. Haidt (Eds.) Flourishing: The positive person and the life well lived (pp. 205-224). Washington DC: American Psychological Association. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/10594-009
12. Hellriegel D. & Slocum J. W. Jr. (2004). Organizational behavior. Mason OH: Thomson South-Western.
13. Keller J. (2001). Miselna naravnanost je vse. Ljubljana: Lisac & Lisac.
14. Klarič Š. (2005). Skrb za izseljene managerje v procesu kulturne prilagoditve (Unpublished M.A. thesis). University of Maribor Faculty of Economics and Business Maribor.
15. Pettinger R. (2002). Stress management. Oxford: Capstone Publishing (A Wiley Company).
16. Potocan V. Mulej M. & Nedelko Z. (2013). The influence of employees’ ethical behavior on enterprises social responsibility. Systemic practice and action research26(6) 497–511 http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11213-013-9299-3
17. Robertson I. & Tinline D. (2008). Understanding and improving psychological well-being for individual and organisational effectiveness. In A. Kinder R. Hughes & C. L. Cooper (Eds.) Employee well-being support (pp. 39-51). Chicester: John Wiley & Sons Ltd. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/9780470773246.ch3
18. Ross Rijavec M. & Miljković D. (2006). Pozitivna psihologija: Psihologija čije vrijeme (ponovno) došlo. Društvena istraživanja 15(4–5; 84–85) 621–641.
19. Ryan R. M. & Deci E. L. (2001). On happiness and human potentials: A review of research on hedonic and eudaimonic well-being. Annual Review of Psychology 52 141–166. http://dx.doi.org/10.1146/annurev.psych.52.1.141
20. Ryff C. D. & Keyes C. L. M. (1995). The structure of psychological well-being revisited. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 69 719–727. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1999
21. Salovey P. Mayer J. D. & Caruso D. (2002). The positive psychology of emotional intelligence. Handbook of positive psychology. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
22. Schermerhorn Jr. J. R. Hunt J. G. & Osborn R. N. (2004). Core concepts of organizational behavior. Hoboken NJ: Wiley.
23. Šarotar Žižek S. Treven S. Mulej M. & Vaner M. (2011). The integrative and innovative model of HRM in Slovenian tourism. Academica turistica4(2) 33–49.
24. Šarotar Žižek S. (2012) Vpliv psihičnega dobrega počutja na temelju zadostne in potrebne osebne celovitosti zaposlenega na uspešnost organizacije (Influence of psychical well-being on success of organization on a basis of requisite personal holism of an employee in Slovene only) (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). University of Maribor Faculty of Economics and Business Maribor.
25. Šarotar Žižek S. Treven S. & Mulej M. (2015). The conceptual model of well-being management based on achieving requisite personal holism. Cybernetics and Systems forthcoming. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/01969722.2015.1012379
26. Treven S. & Mulej M. (2007). The systemic approach to the encouragement of innovativeness through employee diversity management. Kybernetes 36(2) 144–156. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/03684920710741198
27. Treven U. Treven S. & Šarotar Žižek S. (2011). Effective approaches to managing stress of employees. Review of Management Innovation and Creativity 4(10) 46–57.
28. Waterman A. S. (1993). Two conceptions of happiness: Contrasts of personal expressiveness (eudaimonia) and hedonic enjoyment. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 64 678–691. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.528
29. Wright T. A. & Cropanzano R. (2000). Psychological well-being and job satisfaction as predictors of job performance. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology 5(1) 84–94. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/1076-89184.108.40.206
30. Zohar D. & Marshall I. (2004). Duhovna inteligenca. Tržič: Učila International.