In the beginning of 2017 the design method for punching shear in Finland was changed. The method presented in Eurocode 2 was adopted with some nationally determined parameters and rules. During 2016 and 2017 computational analyses were conducted to compare the previous national design method and the new one. Comparison setups were created in which different parameters were varied. The results were presented the predicted punching resistances differ differences are significant and can be almost 60% in some cases.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. EN 1992-1-1:2004: “Eurocode 2: Design of concrete structures. Part 1-1: General rules and rules for buildings” European Committee for Standardization Brussels Belgium 2004.
2. The National Building Code of Finland Part B4: “Concrete structures regulations and guidelines 2005”. Ministry of the Environment Helsinki Finland 2005.
3. Hirvikoski M: “The change in punching shear resistance without shear reinforcement according to the new Finnish National Annex to Eurocode 2” B.Sc. Thesis Tampere University of Technology Faculty of Business and Built Environment Laboratory of Civil Engineering Tampere Finland 2017.
4. Rajamäki J: “The change in punching shear resistance with shear reinforcement according to Eurocode 2 with Finnish National Annex” B.Sc. Thesis Tampere University of Technology Faculty of Business and Built Environment Laboratory of Civil Engineering Tampere Finland 2017.
5. Leskelä M.V.: ”EN 1992-1-1: Uusi eurocode 2 standardi betonirakenteiden suunnittelua varten” Rakentajain Kalenteri 2003 Rakennustieto Oy 2007. (In Finnish).
6. fédération internationale du béton (fib): “Structural Concrete Volume 2” fib Bulletin 2 Lausanne Switzerland 1999.
7. Comité Euro-International du Béton: “CEB-FIP Model Code 1990”. Lausanne Switzerland 1993.
8. European Concrete Platform ASBL: “Eurocode 2 Commentary (rev A 31-03-2017)”. Brussels Belgium 2017.
9. CEN: “prEN1992-1-1:2018: Final Version of PT1-draft prEN 1992-1-1 2018 D3” 2018.
10. fédération internationale du béton (fib): “Model Code 2010 – Final Draft”. fib Bulletin 66 Lausanne Switzerland 2012.
11. CEN: “Background to prEN 1992-1-1:2018: Background documents to the final PT1 draft prEN 1992-1-1:2018” 2018.