Journal publishing present achievements in general field of Mechanical Engineering
Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering publishes original papers, notes, and invited review articles from all fields of theoretical and applied mechanics as well as mechanical engineering. In addition to the classical fields, such as Rigid Body Dynamics, Elasticity, Plasticity, Hydrodynamics and Gas Dynamics, it gives special attention to recently developed and boundary areas of mechanics. As a rule, only contributions written in English will be accepted.
Submission of manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis); that is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that its publication has been approved by all co-authors, if any, as well as by the responsible authorities at the institute where the work has been carried out; that, if, and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, by authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher; and that the manuscript will not be published elsewhere in any language without consent of the copyright holders.
Comparison with experiments/tests conducted by the authors or others to validate the main contribution of the paper are strongly encouraged to be presented in the Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering.
Only original, innovative and novel papers will be considered for publication here and before considering their work, authors are required to confirm that their paper has not been submitted to any other journal in English or any other language. Occasionally, 'Letters to the Editor' are considered.
Cost of publication of an accepted paper is 400 Euro net plus 23% VAT. The amount should be paid to the account: Politechnika Łódzka Bank Pekao SA Acc. No. 36 1240 3028 1111 0010 3741 7984 after acceptance decision.
The reviewer is responsible for critically reading and evaluating a manuscript in his/her specialty area, and then providing respectful, constructive, and honest feedback to authors about their submission. It is appropriate for the Reviewer to discuss the strong and weak aspects of the article, ways to improve it and quality of the work, and evaluate the relevance and originality of the submission.
First please consider:
• Does the article presented to review cover your expertise? If not, please notify the editor in a quickest way. Try recommending alternate reviewer.
• Estimate your time to review the submission? Finished reviews of an article should be completed within four weeks. If the case when it is not possible, please inform the editor and suggest an alternate reviewer. If you have agreed to review a submission but then it appears not being able to finish it before the deadline, please inform the editor as soon appropriately.
• Check, if there exists any potential conflicts of interests? While conflicts of interest will not disqualify you from reviewing the submission, it is important to disclose such problem to the editors before reviewing.
When reviewing the article, remember to check:
• Scope: Is the submission in line with the aims and scope of the journal?
• Content quality and originality: is the submission novel for a potential publication? Does it add new aspects to the knowledge? How close it matches to the journal's standards? Is the research question an important one? If the research has been explored previously, include references of such works to the editor.
• Organization and clarity: does its Title and Abstract clearly describe the contents? Does the Introduction expose what the author hoped to achieve and clearly state the investigated problem? It should describe the experiment, the hypothesis(es) and the general experimental design or method.
• Method: Check explanation how the data was collected. Try answering question if the design/method appropriate for answering the thesis stated. Check if the submission identify the procedures applied. For new methods check details of their explanation. Check if the article clearly presents what type of data was recorded and describe way of measurements.
• Results: These should be clearly laid out and in a logical sequence. Check if the appropriate analysis has been applied.
• Conclusion/Discussion: Check if all claims are supported by the sensible results. Check if the submission support or diverge previous theories in the field? Check quality of the conclusion and its influence to present scientific knowledge.
• Tables, Figures, Images: Check if these elements are appropriate, clear and readable.
Fill the “Reviewer’s Comments” form before deadline. The recommendation regarding a submission will be considered when the editors make the final decision, and complete, precise and honest comments are expected. Please do not hesitate asking the editorial office with any possible concerns.
The first criterion of the publication remains its compliance with the field of research which are presented in this journal. The article is then transmitted to at least two Reviewers, they are not being in a conflict of interest with the author(s). The names of Reviewers of individual articles are not disclosed - the principle of confidentiality. The major criteria for publication are correctness, originality/novelty, interest, and accessibility. Referees are asked explicitly to assess the merit of papers in each of these four areas. Papers covering material previously published in any peer-reviewed journal will be returned to the corresponding author. Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering will consider for publication papers that contain some material previously published, but not yet peer reviewed, as in a non-peer-reviewed conference proceedings paper. However, such papers should have significant new content. Highly technical articles, even if correct and original, in particular subareas of nonlinear science may be rejected with the suggestion that they be submitted to a specialized journal.
Editor-in-Chief Tomasz Kapitaniak, Lodz University of Technology, Poland
Managing Editor Anna Jach, Lodz University of Technology, Poland
Publisher DE GRUYTER POLAND Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str. 01-811 Warsaw, Poland T: +48 22 701 50 15