The article has a theoretical and empirical character. Identifying the internal structure of reasons of lack of Polish young potential employees’ interest in universities as employers was the main goal of this paper. To prepare its theoretical part the method of cognitive-critical analysis of world literature on marketing and management was applied. The results of this analysis show that the aspects connected with the mentioned reasons have not been studied yet. The more the opinions about the way of perception of universities’ employees in the comparison of other organizations’ employees have not been taken into account in the analysis. So one can talk about the existence of a cognitive gap and an empirical gap in this scope. Striving to reduce these gaps the empirical studies were conducted. The research covered representatives of Polish young potential employees. Gathered primary data were statistically analysed applying the following research methods and tests: exploratory factor analysis and Kruskal-Wallis test. The results of these analyses show that the opinions on relative perception of universities’ employees decide about differences in the structure of reasons of lack of interest in universities as employers. But the mentioned opinions are the element differentiating in a statistically significant way only one reason.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Abdi H. Williams L. J. (2010) Principal component analysis. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Computational Statistics vol. 2 iss. 4 pp. 433–459.
2. Alniacik E. Alniacik U. (2012) Identifying Dimensions of Attractiveness in Employer Branding: Effects of Age Gender and Current Employment Status. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences vol. 58 pp. 1336–1343.
3. Arachchige B. J. Robertson A. (2011) Business Student Perceptions of a Preferred Employer: A Study Identifying Determinants of Employer Branding. The IUP Journal of Brand Management vol. 8 no. 3 pp. 25–46.
4. Bakanauskiene I. Bendaravièiene R. Barkauske L. (2017) Features of Employer Attractiveness on Lithuanian Business Organizations: Employees’ Perceptions. Management of Organizations: Systematic Research vol. 77 iss. 1 pp. 7–23.
5. Baruk A. (2017) Contentment of employees vs their prosumeric activity in the scope of recommending an employer. Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing vol. 32 iss. 5 pp. 742–751.
6. Biswas M. K. Suar D. (2016) Antecedents and Consequences of Employer Branding. Journal of Business Ethics vol. 136 no. 1 pp. 57–72.
7. Chluska J. Szczepaniak W. (2016) Nowe wyzwania zarządzania strategicznego w publicznych uczelniach ekonomicznych. Studia Ekonomiczne. Zeszyty Naukowe Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego w Katowicach no. 300 pp. 30–38.
8. Davies G. (2008) Employer branding and its influence on managers. European Journal of Marketing vol. 42 no. (5/6) pp. 667–681.
9. Eger L. Micik M. Gangur M. Øehoø P. (2019) Employer branding: exploring attractiveness dimensions in a multicultural context. Technological and Economic Development of Economy vol. 25 iss. 3 pp. 519–541.
10. Gamble J. Gilmore A. McCartan-Quinn D. Durkan P. (2011) The Marketing concept in the 21st century: A review of how Marketing has been defined since the 1960s. The Marketing Review vol. 11 no. 3 pp. 227–248.
11. Gilani H. Cunningham L. (2017) Employer branding and its influence on employee retention: A literature review. The Marketing Review vol. 17 no. 2 pp. 239–256.
12. Horn B. Huang W. Comparison of Segmentation Approacheshttps://www.decisionanalyst.com/whitepapers/comparesegmentation/ (dostęp: 04.04.2019).
13. Hsieh N. (2015) The Social Contract Model of Corporate Purpose and Responsibility. Business Ethics Quarterly vol. 25 no. 4 pp. 433–460.
16. Išoraite M. (2016) Marketing Mix — Theoretical Aspects. International Journal of Research vol. 4 iss. 6 pp. 25–37.
17. Jarosławska-Sobór S. (2017) HR Excellence in Research as an Attribute of Scientific Institutions’ Competitiveness. Marketing of Scientific and Research Organizations vol. 23 iss. 1 pp. 1–20.
18. Kashive N. Khanna V. T. (2017) Conceptualizing Employer-Based Brand Equity and Employer Brand Pyramid. European Scientific Journal vol. 13 no. 34 pp. 211–229.
19. Raport. Start na rynku pracy 2016 raport.start.na.rynku.pracy.161005.pdf (access: 18.05.2019).
20. Ratković M. Grubić G. Tasić S. (2012) Evolution of marketing: from product up to employment. International Journal of Economics and Law no. 5 pp. 72–78.
21. Ratković M. C. Krasulja N. D. Garaèa N. (2013) Customer relationship management strategy as an opportunity for improving the modern marketing concept. Kultura pp. 381–395.
22. Rudawska E. (2017) Sustainable Marketing Concept — A New Face of Capitalism. British Journal of Research vol. 4 no. 2 pp. 1–2.
23. Sashi C. M. (2012) Customer engagement buyer-seller relationships and social media. Management Decision vol. 50 pp. 253–272.
24. Seran S. Izvercian M. (2014) Prosumer engagement in innovation strategies: The prosumer creativity and focus model. Management Decision vol. 52 no. 10 pp. 1968–1980.
25. Singh P. K. (2012) Management of business processes can help an organization achieve competitive advantage. International Management Review vol. 8 no. 2 pp. 19–26.
26. Szreder M. (2010) Losowe i nielosowe próby w badaniach statystycznych. Przegląd Statystyczny vol. 4 pp. 168–174.
27. Sztemberg-Lewandowska M. (2008) Analiza czynnikowa w badaniach marketingowych Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego we Wrocławiu Wrocław p. 29.
28. Tikson S. D. S. Hamid N. Mardiana R. (2018) Employer Branding as a Strategy to Attract Potential Workforce. International Journal of Administrative Science & Organization vol. 25 no. 3 pp. 115–119.
29. Van Hoye G. Bas T. Cromheecke S. Lievens F. (2013) The Instrumental and Symbolic Dimensions of Organisations’ Image as an Employer: A Large-scale Field Study on Employer Branding in Turkey. Applied Psychology vol. 62 no. 4 pp. 543–557.
30. White K. Simpson B. Argo J. J. (2014) The Motivating Role of Dissociative Out-Groups in Encouraging Positive Consumer Behaviors. Journal of Marketing Research vol. 51 iss. 4 pp. 433–447.
31. Wojtaszczyk K. (2008) Employer branding po polsku na przykładzie uczelni wyższych. E-Mentor vol. 25 no. 3 http://www.e-mentor.edu.pl/artykul/index/numer/25/id/547 (access: 18.05.2019).
32. Ziemba E. Eisenbardt M. (2015) Examining prosumers’ participation in business processes. Polish Journal of Management Studies vol. 12 no. 1 pp. 219–229.