The development of technology has been significantly given the implication towards consumer’s behaviour in having the online purchase intention via mobile app that has been developed by the e-commerce company to serve better and deliver a better service to the consumers; especially when internet has connected people through their smartphones. The insignificant growth in doing the online purchase via mobile app which does not go along with the growth of internet mobile users in Indonesia and Singapore will deliver this study in order to evaluate and validate the implication of ease of use, usefulness, system quality, information quality, and service quality towards consumer’s behaviour in having the online purchase intention via mobile app. Data was gathered with survey by spreading 100 questionnaires randomly to the respondents who had the experience in doing the online purchase via mobile app in the last 6 months in Indonesia and Singapore. The methodology in doing this study is the quantitative approach by considering the connection amongst the independent variables and the dependent variables. This research found that usefulness and information quality significantly affect the online purchase intention through mobile app in Indonesia while in Singapore ease of use, usefulness, and service quality significantly affect the online purchase intention through mobile app.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Ahmad Z. & Ibrahim R. (2017). Mobile Commerce (M-Commerce) Interface Design: A Review of Literature.
2. Ajzen I. (1991). The Theory of Planned Behavior. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes 179–211.
3. Better Than Cash Alliance. (2017). Social Networks e-Commerce Platforms and the Growth of Digital Payment Ecosystems in China: What It Means for Other Countries. Retrieved June 02 2018 from https://btca-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/283/english_attachments/Better_Than_Cash_Alliance_China_Report_April_2017_(1).pdf?1492605583
4. Chen Y.H. and Barns S. (2007) ‘Initial trust and online behaviour’ Industrial Management and Data Systems Vol. 107 No. 1 pp.21–36.
5. Chen L.Y. (2013). The Quality of Mobile Shopping System and Its Impact on Purchase Intention and Performance.
6. Chen M.Y. & Ching I.T. (2013). A comprehensive model of the effects of online store image on purchase intention in an e-commerce environment. Electronic Commerce Research13(1) 1–23.
7. Dachyar M. Banjarnahor L. (2017). Factors influencing purchase intention towards consumer-to-consumer e-commerce.
8. Davis F.D. (1989). Perceived Usefulness perceived ease of use and user acceptance of information technology. MIS Quarterly13(3) 319–339
9. Davis F.D. Bagozzi R.P. & Warshaw P.R. (1989). User acceptance of computer technology: a comparison of two theoretical model. Management Science Vol. 35 pp. 982–1003.
10. Dehua H. Lu Y. & Zhou D. (2008). Empirical Study of Customers’ Purchase Intention in C2C Ecommerce. Tsinghua Science and Technology13(3) 287–292.
11. DeLone W and E McLean. (2003). The DeLone and McLean model of information system success: a ten-year update. Journal of Management Information System19(4) 9–30.
12. eMarketer. (2016). Mobile and Internet Usage Propels Southeast Asia’s Retail Ecommerce Sector. Retrieved June 02 2018 from https://www.emarketer.com/Article/Mobile-Internet-Usage-Propels-Southeast-Asias-Retail-Ecommerce-Sector/1014431
13. Eom S. (2013). Testing the Seddon Model of Information System Success in an E-Learning Context: Implications for Evaluating DSS. In J. E. Hernández S. LiuB. Delibasić P. Zaraté F. Dargam & R. Ribeiro Decision Support Systems II — Recent Developments Applied to DSS Network Environments (pp. 19–23). Berlin: Springer- Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
14. Frost & Sullivan. (2016). Southeast Asia’s E-Commerce market to surpass US$25 billion by 2020 despite market challenges finds Frost & Sullivan. Retrieved June 02 2018 from https://ww2.frost.com/news/press-releases/southeast-asias-e-commerce-market-surpassus25-billion-2020-despite-market-challenges-finds-frost-sullivan/
15. Gefen D. (2000). E-commerce: The Role of Familiarity and Trust. The International Journal of Management Science 28 725–737
16. Gefen D. Karahanna E. & Straub D.W. (2003). Trust and TAM in Online Shopping: An Integrated Model. Management Information System27(1) 51–90
17. Google. (2016). Micro-Moments: Your Guide to Winning the Shift to Mobile. Retrieved June 02 2018 from https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/marketing-resources/micromoments/micromoments-guide/
18. Google. (2017). e-Conomy SEA Spotlight 2017: Unprecedented Growth for Southeast Asia’s $50B Internet Economy. Retrieved June 02 2018 from https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/intl/en-apac/tools-research/research-studies/e-conomysea-spotlight-2017-unprecedented-growth-southeast-asia-50-billion-internet-economy/
19. Herzenstein M. Posavac S. S. and Brakus J. (2007). “Adoption of new and really new products: the effects of self-regulation systems and risk salience” Journal of Marketing Research Vol. 44 No. 2 pp. 251–260.
20. Heijden H.V. Verhagen T. & Creemers M. (2003). Understanding online purchase intentions: Contributions from technology and trust perspectives. European Journal of Information System 12 41–48.
21. Henderson R. & Divett M. J. (2003). Perceived usefulness ease of use and electronic supermarket use. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies 59 383–395.
22. Ho L. A. Kuo T. H. and Lin B. (2012). “The mediating effect of website quality on internet searching behavior” Computers in Human Behavior Vol. 28 No. 3 pp. 840–848.
23. Iprice insights. (2017). State of eCommerce in Southeast Asia 2017. Retrieved June 02 2018 from https://iprice.sg/insights/stateofecommerce2017/
24. Ko E. Kim E. Y. and Lee E. K. (2009). “Modelling consumer adoption of mobile shopping for fashion products in Korea” Psychology & Marketing Vol. 26 No. 7 pp. 669–687.
25. Kim J. K. Hong S. Min J. and Lee H. (2011). “Antecedents of application service continuance: a synthesis of satisfaction and trust” Expert Systems with applications Vol. 38 No.8 pp. 9530–9542.
26. Kim H.-W. Xu Y. & Koh J. (2004). A comparison of online trust building factors between potential customers and repeat customers. Journal of the Association for Information Systems5(10) 392–420.
27. Kim D. J. Ferrin D. L. & Rao H. R. (2008). A trust-based consumer decision-making model in electronic commerce: The role of trust perceived risk and their antecedents. Decision Support Systems44(2) 544–564.
28. Lee H. Fiore A. M. & Kim J. (2006). The role of the Technology Acceptance Model in explaining effects of image interactivity technology on consumer responses. International Journal of Retail & Management34(8) 621–644.
29. Lin C. C. Wu H. Y. and Chang Y. F. (2011). “The critical factors impact on online customer satisfaction” Procedia Computer Science Vol. 3 No. 1 pp. 276–281.
30. Ling K. C. Daud D. B. Piew T. H. Keoy K. H. Hassan P. (2011). Perceived Risk Perceived Technology Online Trust for the Online Purchase Intention in Malaysia.
31. Molla A. and Licker P. S. (2001). E-Commerce system success:An attempt to extend and respecify the Delone and Mclean model of success. Journal of Electronic Commerce research2(4) 131–41.
32. McKinney V. Yoon K. Zahedi F. M. (2002). The measurement of Web-customer satisfaction: An expectation and disconfirmation approach. Information Systems Research (13:3) pp. 296–315.
33. Pavlou P. A. (2003). Consumer acceptance of electronic commerce: Integrating trust and risk with the technology acceptance model. International Journal of Electronic Commerce7(3) 69–103
34. Pinsonneault A. and Kraemer K. (1993). Survey research methodology in management information systems: an assessment. Journal of Management Information Systems 10 75–105.
35. Pitt Leyland F Richard T. Watson and C. Bruce Kavan. (1995). Service Quality: A Measure of Information Systems Effectiveness. MIS Quarterly19(2) pp. 173–87.
36. PR Newswire Asia. (2018). Southeast Asia B2C E-Commerce Market expands by 28.5% in Q4 2017 with Gross Merchandise Value over US$6 billion finds Frost & Sullivan. Retrieved June 02 2018 from http://www.asiaone.com/business/southeast-asia-b2c-ecommerce-market-expands-by-285-in-q4-2017-with-gross-merchandise-value
37. Rahi S. (2017) Research Design and Methods: A Systematic Review of Research Paradigms Sampling Issues and Instruments Development. Int J Econ Manag Sci 6: 403. doi: 10.4172/2162-6359.1000403
38. Rai A. Lang S.S. and Welker R.B. (2002). Assessing the validity of IS success models: An empirical test and theoretical analysis. Information system research13(1) 50–69.
39. Renko M. Carsrud A. and Brännback M. (2009). “The effect of a market orientation entrepreneurial orientation and technological capability on innovativeness: a study of young biotechnology ventures in the United States and in Scandinavia”. Journal of Small Business Management Vol. 47 No. 3 pp. 331–369.
40. Safeena Rahmath and Kammani Abdullah (2013). Conceptualization of electronic government adoption”. International Journal of Managing Information Technology Vol. 5 No. 1 pp. 13–22.
41. Statista. (2018). Conversion rate of online shoppers worldwide as of 1st quarter 2018 by platform. Retrieved June 02 2018 from https://www.statista.com/statistics/304280/global-online-shopper-conversion-rate-by-platform/
42. Stevens J. (2002). Applied multivariate statistics for the social sciences (5th ed.). London: Psychology Press.
43. Sekaran U. & Bougie R. (2016). Research Methods for Business a Skill Building Approach. UK: John Wiley and Sons Inc.
44. Silverman D. (1993) Interpreting the Qualitative Data: Methods for analyzing talktext and interaction. London: SAGE.
45. Shah H. Aziz A. Jaffari A. R. Waris S. Ejaz W. Fatima M. and Sherazi. K.(2012). The Impact of Brands on Consumer Purchase Intentions. Asian Journal of Business Management 4(2): 105–110.
46. Statista. (2015). Retail e-commerce market volume in Southeast Asia in 2015 and 2025 by country (in billion U.S. dollars). Retrieved June 02 2018 from https://www.statista.com/statistics/647645/southeast-asia-ecommerce-market-size-country/
47. Statista. (2016). Retail e-commerce sales in select countries in Southeast Asia in 2016 (in billion U.S. dollars). Retrieved June 02 2018 from https://www.statista.com/statistics/604964/retail-e-commerce-sales-select-countries-asia-pacific/
48. Venkatesh V. (2000). Determinants of perceived ease of use: Integrating control intrinsic motivation and emotion into the technology acceptance model. Information system research46(2) 342–365.
49. WeAreSocial. (2018). Digital in 2018 in Southeast Asia. Retrieved June 02 2018 from https://www.slideshare.net/wearesocial/digital-in-2018-in-southeast-asia-part-2-southeast-86866464