A clinical case of successful repair of a combination of total anomalous pulmonary venous connection (TAPVC) with collector stenosis in one-day-old newborn. Only one case of successful correction of such a pathology is reported previously. The operation was performed with cardiopulmonary bypass and temporary antegrade brain perfusion. The narrowed aortic area was resected, the integrity of the aortic arch was restored using an extended anastomosis, and TAPVC correction was performed using a “sutureless technique”. The postoperative period was uneventful. The newborn was discharged from hospital on the 12th day.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Yanagawa B, Alghamdi AA, Dragulescu A, Viola N, Al-Radi OO, Mertens LL, et al. Primary sutureless repair for “simple” total anomalous pulmonary venous connection: Midterm results in a single institution. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011;141(6):1346–54. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2010.10.056
2. Lehnert A, Villemain O, Gaudin R, Méot M, Raisky O, Bonnet D. Risk factors of mortality and recoarctation after coarctation repair in infancy. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2019;29(3):469–75. https://doi.org/10.1093/icvts/ivz117
3. Ceylan Ö, Özgür S, Doĝan V, Örün UA, Öcal B, Karademir S, et al. Supracardiac type total anomalous pulmonary venous return with obstruction, a rare combination: case report. Turkiye Klinikleri Cardiovasc Sci. 2012;24(1):79–82.
4. Doksöz Ö, Güven B, Demirpençe S, Özdemir R, Meşe T, Tavli V, et al. Coarctation of the aorta with infracardiac total anomalous pulmonary venous drainage: a rare combination. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014;20 Suppl:778–80. https://doi.org/10.5761/atcs.cr.13-00016
5. Mei FY, Bai ZH, Hu ZB, Zhou H, Cui Y. Rare association of two cardiovascular malformations successfully corrected in a single surgery: a case report. J Cardiothorac Surg. 2017;12(1):58–60. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13019-017-0619-z
6. Khubulava GG, Naumov AB, Martchenko SP, Chupaeva OYu, Seliverstova AA, Aleksandrovitch YuS, et al. Blood gas analysis in newborns with low cardiac output syndrome after cardiac surgery. The Bulletin of Bakoulev Center Cardiovascular Diseases. 2018;19(5):676–87. Russian. http://dx.doi.org/10.24022/1810-0694-2018-19-5-676-687
7. de Leval MR, Stark J, Bonham-Carter RE. Total anomalous pulmonary venous drainage to superior vena cava associated with preductal coarctation of aorta. Successful correction in a 12-day-old infant. Br Heart J. 1973;35(10):1098–100. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/hrt.35.10.1098