The aim of the paper is to answer the research question of what innovation performance indicators are appropriate for research on innovation process in the IT sector in the Lubuskie voivodship. The authors have used the method of systematic review of literature and have analysed 125 research papers and additional sources. The research consluions are that the indicators shoud consider such aspects as the dimmension of innovation performance, the type of product novelty and level of analysis.
13. Huang Y.-F. Chen Ch.-J. (2010) The impact of technological diversity and organizational slack on innovation “Technovation” Vol. 30 (2010) pp. 420–428.
14. Huňady J. Orviská M. (2014) The impact of research and development expenditures on innovation performance and economic growth of the country — the empirical evidence “Cbu International Conference on Innovation Technology Transfer and Education” Doi:10.12955/cbup.v2.454.
15. Jin X. Wang J. Chen S. Wang T. (2015) A study of the relationship between the knowledge base and the innovation performance under the organizational slack regulating “Management Decision” Vol. 53 No. 10 pp. 2202-2225 Doi:10.1108/MD-05-2014-0253.
16. Laursen K. Salter A. (2006) The Role of Openness in Explaining Innovation Performance among U.K. Manufacturing Firms “ Strategic Management Journal” Vol. 27 No. 2 pp. 131-150 Doi: 10.1002/smj.507.
17. MingJi J. Ping Z. (2014) Research on the Patent Innovation Performance of University–Industry Collaboration Based on Complex Network Analysis “Journal of Business-to-Business Marketing” Vol. 21 pp. 65–83 Doi: 10.1080/1051712X.2014.903454.
18. New Product Visions Measuring New Product Development (NPD) Success http://newproductvisions.com/blog/?p=226 (18.08.2017 - access date).
19. OECD’s Oslo Manual (OECD-EUROSTAT 1997).
20. OECD’s Oslo Manual (OECD-EUROSTAT 2005).
21. Patel P Pavitt K.L.R. (1997). The technological competencies of the world’s largest firms: complex and path dependent but not much variety. “Research Policy” Vol. 26 pp. 141-156.
22. Rodan S. Galunic Ch. (2004) More than Network Structure: How Knowledge Heterogeneity Influences Managerial Performance and Innovativeness “ Strategic Management Journal” Vol. 25 No. 6 pp. 541-562 Doi: 10.1002/smj.398.
23. Romijn H. Albaladejo M. (2002) Determinants of innovation capability in small electronics and software firms in southeast England “Research Policy” Vol. 31 pp. 1053-1057 DOI: 10.1016/S0048-7333(01)00176-7.
24. Scott S.G. and Bruce R.A. (1994) Determinants of innovative behavior: a path model of individual innovation in the workplace “Academy of Management Journal” Vol. 37 No. 3 pp. 580-607.
25. Shih H.-A. Susanto E. (2010) Conflict management styles emotional intelligence and job performance in public organizations “International Journal of Conflict Management” Vol. 21 No. 2 pp. 147-168.
26. Singh D. Khamba J.S. Nanda T. (2017) Influence of technological innovation on performance of small manufacturing companies “International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management” Vol. 66 Iss. 7 pp. 838-856 Doi:10.1108/IJPPM-02-2016-0035.
27. Teece D.J. (1986). Profiting from technological innovation: implications for integration collaboration licensing and public policy. Research Policy Vol. 15 pp. 285-305.
28. Tseng Ch. Tseng Ch.-Ch. (2016) Strategy for increasing innovation at post-ipo firms “International Journal of Entrepreneurship” Vol. 20 Iss.1 pp. 84-99.
29. Tseng Ch.-Y. Chang Pai D. Hung Ch.-H. (2011) Knowledge absorptive capacity and innovation performance in KIBS “Journal of Knowledge Management” Vol. 15 No. 6 pp. 971-983 Doi:10.1108/13673271111179316.
30. Wang X. Ma L. Wang Y. (2015) The impact of TMT functional background on firm performance: Evidence from listed companies in China’s IT industry “Nankai Business Review International” Vol. 6 Iss. 3 pp. 281-311 Doi:10.1108/NBRI-11-2013-0040.
31. Wang Y.-L. Ellinger A.D. (2011) Organizational learning: Perception of external environment and innovation performance “International Journal of Manpower” Vol. 32 No. 5/6 pp. 512-536 Doi:10.1108/01437721111158189.
32. Wang Y.-L. Ellinger A. D. Jim Wu Y.-Ch. (2013) Entrepreneurial opportunity recognition: an empirical study of R&D personnel “Management Decision” Vol. 51 No. 2 pp. 248-266 Doi:10.1108/00251741311301803.
33. Wu H. Chen J. Jiao H. (2016) Dynamic capabilities as a mediator linking international diversification and innovation performance of firms in an emerging economy “Journal of Business Research” Vol. 69 (2016) pp. 2678–2686.
34. Xie X. Wu Y. Zeng S. (2016) A theory of multi-dimensional organizational innovation cultures and innovation performance in transitional economies: The role of team cohesion “Chinese Management Studies” Vol. 10 Iss.: 3 pp.458-479 Doi:10.1108/CMS-01-2016-0023.
35. Xu G. Liu X. Zhou Y. Su J. (2012) Effects of relational embeddedness on technological innovation: An empirical study in China “Chinese Management Studies” Vol. 6 Iss. 1 pp. 108-123 Doi:10.1108/17506141211213816.
36. Zeng S.X. Xie X.M. Tam C.M. (2010) Relationship between cooperation networks and innovation performance of SMEs “Technovation” Vol. 30 pp. 181–194.
37. Zhang S.J. Chen Y. Q. Sun H. (2015) Emotional intelligence conflict management styles and innovation performance: An empirical study of Chinese employees “International Journal of Conflict Management” Vol. 26 Iss. 4 pp. 450-478 Doi:10.1108/IJCMA-06-2014-0039.
38. Zheng S. Li H. Wu. (2013) Network resources and the innovation performance: Evidence from Chinese manufacturing firms “Management Decision” Vol. 51 Iss. 6 pp.1207-1224 Doi:10.1108/MD-02-2012-0102.