The theoretical calculation for development of planetary gear unit of wind turbine (WT) and its experimental tests are presented in the paper. Development of experimental prototypes from composite materials is essential to determine capability of element and its impact on feature. Two experimental scale prototypes of planetary gear unit for WT were developed for such purposes. Hall transducer, servomechanisms and optical tachometers were used to obtain results, comparison analysis of theoretical and actual data was performed as well as quality assessment of experimental prototypes of planetary gear unit. After kinematic and load analysis as well as control of rotation frequency, it is possible to declare that the unit is able to operate at designated quality. Theoretical calculations and test results obtained are used for industrial WT prototype development.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Betz A. (1966). Introduction to the Theory of Flow Machines (D. G. Randall Trans.) Oxford: Pergamon Press.
2. Intergovernmental panel on climate change (2015). IPCC Special Report on Emissions Scenarios. Available at http://www.grida.no
3. Fateev E.M. (1948). Vetrodvigateli i vetroustanovki. Moscow: OGIZ.
4. Jamieson P. (2011). Innovation in Wind Turbine Design (1) (E-book). Wiley & Sons Incorporated.
5. Lyatkher V. (2013) Wind Power: Turbine Design Selection and Optimization (1) (Ebook). Wiley & Sons Incorporated.
6. National Research Council. (1991). Assessment of Research Needs for Wind Turbine Rotor Materials Technology. Washington: National Academies Press.
7. Rodionov V. (2010). Problemy nastojashhego i vozmozhnosti budushhego. Moscow: JeNAS.
8. Shefter Ja.I. & Rozhdestvenskij I.V. (1957). Izobretatelju o vetrodvigateljah i vetroustanovkah. Minsk: Syel’skogo Hoz-va SSSR.
9. Urbahs A. Krinicins A. & Simanovskis E. (2000). Zobratu pārvadu aprēķins un konstruēšana. Rīga: RTU.
10. Urbahs A. Ribickis L. & Scavinskis R. (2010). Wind powered engine. LV patent No. LV14060.
11. Urbach A. Banov M. Turko V. & Tsaryova K. (2012). The characteristic features of composite materials specimen’s static fracture investigated by the acoustic emission method. Applied Mechanics and Materials 232 pp. 28-32.